Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Stitching and Mopping

It’s been head down at the sewing machine today, working on my “Old UFO” from the year 2000.  It’s been tucked away for so long and now only just coming out into the light of day.  Most of the blocks were from an internet Birthday Block exchange, and I stitched a couple of extra ones for myself.

P1340607
Two rows assembled

For each block I received, I made and posted one to each participant during their birthday month, so it was a year long commitment.  There was only one sent to me which I remade, as it had yellow in the block, which I thought didn’t go with all the others 

The floors needed attention today – with a white cat shedding fur and threads all over the carpet from my stitching, it doesn’t take too long to get messy.  Robin helped with the vacuum cleaning and I decided the kitchen and bathroom floors also needed mopping.  “Why don’t you try that new mop?” he suggested.  We had won it in a raffle several years ago and it was still in the box.  What an effort to assemble  it  – if I was attempting it on my own I would have given up after a minute or two and gone to use my old mop.  But Robin persevered, and finally got all the pieces together.  There – all done now, till the next time!

P1340605P1340604
It must be Sadie, the cleaning lady

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am surprised you had won that mop and never used it :) I wish my husband would help with the house cleaning!

Julierose said...

Very pretty quilt--great that this UFO wil get further ahead ;)))
~ ~ ~ waving in the sun Julierose aaaah;)))

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The sashing fabric certainly complements the blocks and unifies them. (I like your clothesline, too) The mop looks interesting - does the cone section help wring the water from the mop head?

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love those quilt rows. Soooo pretty

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your UFO is lovely.....I am UFOing a very old one too! Lol! Hope your new mop worked well for you xx

Maria said...

Your old blocks look great together ...
Hope the new mop worked well after Robyn put it together.

Elaine Adair said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog recently (Tiny Houses), here in western US. I have never visited a site in New Zealand and thrilled to read about your traveling, possible gypsy heritage. What a pleasure to read it all, on yet another home-bound day, with this difficult virus issue. Our area has not been hit hard, so we are continuing to follow the rules. 8-)))

Today I will make a few more houses and try to NOT get carried away with their "cuteness" .. and I have absolutely NO idea what I'll do with them - They are just too much fun to make. Thank you again for the visit - please come again.

The mop? I have used a version for MANY years - it works well.

Karen S said...

The blocks are looking good. And now the floors are clean you can get back to sewing.