Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Another Colourpoint Cat

I always enjoy linking up with Angela of So Scrappy for organising all the RSC sewers, the colour this month is dark green.  Once again, I decided to tackle the more involved block that I stitch each month, to get it out of the way before sewing the easier blocks.  The cat block involves both paper piecing and curved seams, and takes me absolutely ages to complete each month.  Phew, but it’s safely done now, thank goodness.

P1340593
This month’s cat block

The very dark green fabric chosen is a grey-green, and looks rather like our seal point Birman Gemma.  The fabric used in all the tummies of the cat blocks has little pussy paw prints over it.  And here they all are together, all the cats in the cattery so far. 

P1340596
Five blocks so far

Like most cats, Gemma can’t help herself and has to investigate anything quilty laid down on the carpet.  After all, she thinks, isn’t it all about her?

P1340597
Gemma thinks she is in charge

So this particular block is now done and dusted for RSC stitching, although I do have others I’m making as well.  Better get the dark greens organised and prepare my other blocks for later in the week.  I like to have them cut out and pinned, ready to sew.

17 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely group you have made ;)))
~ ~ ~ waving in the cold..Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I do love your cats!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Kitty quilt blocks are SEW cute, but Gemma is gorgeous!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love these cat blocks...so pretty.
Can't wait to see the finished
quilt...have a great day!

Nancy J said...

Sunshine here, and a Happy Mothers' Day to you, with all those cats and Gemma you have wonderful company all day.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your cats more every time I see them! I never noticed before that the cats' tummies are all the same fabric - and it looks like you picked the perfect one!

Jackie said...

Gorgeous blocks. I love the colours of the fabrics.

God bless.

Maria said...

That's a good idea to use the green/grey for your sweet kitty.
I don't want to make two more green Sisters sew will have to see what I find..
Lovely photo of Gemma...

ButterZ said...

I like how you are making these cats especially how they face each other. They look great.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Well done! Looks like Gemma approves of her fabric mates.

Raewyn said...

I do love those cat blocks Jenny - every time I see them I want to pull out my pattern and make some too! The green-grey you have used gives a nice depth to your blocks.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your blocks are lovely! Gamma has obviously given her paw of approval too x

Karen S said...

Another gorgeous cat block. Can't wait to see them all together ate the end.

Kim Sharman said...

Oh wow, your cats are gorgeous. My goodness there is a lot finicky piecing and stitching there.Your Gemma is such a pretty girl.

Wendy F said...

Those cat blocks are fantastic! A whole collection in rainbow colors will be a wonderful quilt.

Susie H said...

Love all six kitties --- 5 blocks and 1 fur-real!

KiwiRobbie said...

Where did you get the pattern you are using for the cats, please? ☺