Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Pretty Pink Pussy

It’s almost June and Angela of So Scrappy who organises all the Rainbow Scrap Challenge sewers had announced the colour for June - pink - a few days early.  So there could well be a mixture of both dark green and pink showing up on this weekend’s Linky Party.  I had already finished my dark green stitching so it I was very happy to start on pink a little early, and first up was another of my colourpoint cats.  These always take me ages, what with paper piecing the arc, and then curved piecing.  I like to allow myself plenty of time to stitch each cat, it usually takes most of the day, what with other things in-between.  Just as well I’m only making one a month, that’s quite enough for me each time.   First I had to chose some pink fabric, then I was raring to go.

P1340696
Pink pussy – finished

This pretty pink girl was happy to meet her cattery friends and make their acquaintance.  I think she is going to be very happy here with the other cats.

P1340700
All together

And almost immediately our real live cat came to check these other colourpoint beauties out.  Move over Gemma, I’m trying to take a photo here!

P1340698
Inspection time

I had a comment from a reader asking about the pattern I’m using.  Sorry I don’t know your name, but you are coming through as a “non reply blogger”.  The pattern was sent to me several years ago from my quilty pen friend Gail, from Canada.  It is called Sawtooth Cats, designed by Janet Miller.  Hope this helps, but I’m not sure if the pattern is still available.  With the wonder of the internet and Mr Google, who knows, it might still be for sale somewhere.

12 comments:

Maria said...

Oh your Pink Pussy is pretty and Gemma agrees..
All the Kitties look great together..

Julierose said...

Very pretty pink kitty to join your cattery;)))
So happy to see a lighter color for June;))) Julierose

Lyndsey said...

I love the sawtooth cats you've made and a quick check of google showed that the pattern is still available. Gemma is such a cute cat.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The blocks are unique and colorful - I love them all! One a month is a manageable way to make these time-consuming blocks.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

by making just one a month you will have enough for a lap quilt I would think by making 12 of them - I love them.

Debi said...

I am loving all of your kitty blocks! And Gemma, oh my she is adorable!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Each time you add a new cat to the crowd, your collection just gets better and better! The're going to make such a fun quilt. Watch out, or Gemma may just declare it is hers!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You made quick work of getting started on your PINK scrap sewing for the RSC. Nicely done!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your new feline is lovely! Your quality control officer seems to approve also lol!

Susie H said...

I love this kitty pattern .... so much so that I just ordered it through Quilters Warehouse! Of course I also ordered another pattern with turtles. Thank you for the information. Your kitties are very inspiring and Gemma is a gorgeous model! Move over, Vanna! Hahaha!

Karen S said...

Another gorgeous result. Looks great in pink.
And they are all looking wonderful together.

Jo said...

Love all your kitties! But the pink one is especially sweet