There's been plenty of hand work happening here lately. One of my goals was to hand stitch tails and eyes on to my three families of elephants. There is Mother elephant, her older calves and the two babies in each family. A couple of afternoons spent sitting quietly and the job was done.
Once that job was done, it shouldn't take me too long to assemble the rows. This is my number two project in the Chookshed Challenge for February and I would really like to get this top assembled by the end of the month.
Last month I had finally finished knitting and sewing up my navy blue cardigan (number 6 for January in the Chookshed Challenge) but...........I was not at all happy with the collar. Silly me, I thought I knew better than the pattern and knitted a ribbed collar instead of garter stitch. After thinking about it for a while, I decided that if I didn't like it now, I never would in the future, so there was only one thing for it. The collar was unravelled, and reknitted, according to the pattern. The colour is darker than shown, the pic was taken outside in the sunshine.
THis looks better
This cardigan has been a very long winded project indeed, and was started last year during our 10 week South Island caravan holiday. It was a nice easy design to knit while sightseeing in the car, not much thinking to do at all. But once I started on the back shoulder increases I realised that I had the incorrect number of stitches - bother. So that was unravelled and knitted again. And now the collar has been redone too. You would think at my age I would be better at following instructions!
But it is finally completed, and I'm happy with my efforts. It will be tucked away till the winter weather arrives.