Oh dear, sometimes things just don’t work out as you have hoped. I had FMQ two of my Under the Sea blocks with wavy lines to depict sea currents, and decided I didn't like the look of it at all. So out came my trusty seam unpicker and I got to work unpicking all those lines, which took absolutely ages, I might add.
I unpicked all this FMQ
I decided to quilt around the stitchery block, then added serpentine stitch to mimic the movement of little eddies rising up from the sea floor. The first finished block looks like this.
Quilting, Plan B
I think I like it better than Plan A. I do know that I’m not doing any more unpicking so will continue on with Plan B. And have a finish sometime soon.