Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Teddy Bear Stitching

This bit of slow stitching was completed while we were away this weekend on a caravan trip.  I finished stitching the flowers surrounding the teddy bear, using blue/purple, and two shades of pink.  I can’t do “random” so the colours were used in the same place on each spray.  What does that say about me, I wonder?  I like to think I work this way because my star sign is Libra, the Scales of Justice, and I like things even and balanced.  That’s my story, anyway.

P1000193
Teddy Bear Stitchery

The next step on this project is to add some borders and layer the quilt.  Then I can use the blue dashed lines to do some big stitch quilting around this panel.

It has been a bit chilly this weekend while we have been away.  Just as well we have a diesel heater in the caravan to keep this nice and warm.  And the reason things are a little chilly is the cold temperatures which have brought more snow to the top of the ranges.  Snow does look nice glistening in the sunshine, but I wouldn't like to live amongst it underfoot at all.

P1000184
Snow on the Tararua Ranges

Gemma has been keeping an eye out of the window to make sure things are as they should be.  There has been a black cat wandering around outside, it probably lives in one of the permanent caravans here on site.

P1000195
Gemma is on guard

The rain came down on Sunday when we were packing up to come home.  Can’t really complain, it is mid winter here, after all.  And we are always nice and cozy in the caravan, with an efficient heater, and my favourite fluffy winter “polar” sheets on the bed.  We certainly don't rough it when we go camping!

P1000198
Waiting for the drive home

15 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

I love your embroidery on the teddy bear pannel and look forward to seeing it turned into a quilt... I love the photo of the mountain range you shared... so breathtaking! I live in mountains in the USA ... and I love the seasonal changes happening up in the mountaintops :) Your caravan looks cozy and I am glad you can bring your cat along ... sew sweet! Kathi

Lyndsey said...

I find it difficult to repeat the same but I can do random. The stitchery is very pretty and will make a beautiful quilt. Gemma is such a cute girl.

CathieJ said...

I love that teddy bear. I would probably stitch those flowers with the same color order too. I think it is the mathematician in me that needs order and symmetry. I can't do random.....ever.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes we do not rough it all that much in our camper either - even when we are in places in the mountains with no hook ups for water and electricity we have the generator to recharge things,a propane heater and the refrigerator & stove works off of that too plus we have our bathroom and a full tank of water - really roughing it LOL

Angela said...

I like the floral sprays! Really pretty!

Deb said...

I love your Teddy Bear quilt the stitching is beautiful and I too would have stitched each flower spray the same. The colors you used for the flowers just bring the quilt to life.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Teddy Bear is adorable and will make a nice quilt center. I can’t believe how much a Gemma has grown. She’s settled into your routine very well.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful stitching!

Julierose said...

Oh now that teddy bear stitchery is so lovely--very vintage looking--my favorite look for stitcheries...nice work
Meanwhile with the Butterflies--I strained my eyes with the x-stitch...regular embroidery usually doesn't do that--I think because those crosses are so close together they tend to waver...
so giving that a break, and going to begin a new regular stitchery...I find embroidery so relaxing...and portable...stay safe julierose

Michelle Ridgway said...

Teddy looks lovely amongst the blossoms. What a beautiful view of snow on the mountains. Glad you were nice and cosy x

Miaismine said...

Your stitching is so lovely! I agree...I struggle to "do random" as well with my ebroidery projects! Take good care!

Karen S said...

The bear embroidery looks lovely. Great to take away.
I am so pleased you stay nice and war in your van.

Maria said...

Your flowers around the stitched bear is lovely.
Pretty views from you cosy van...
Gemma always finds the best spots to sit.

Janice said...

You finished your teddy in no time flat. It is rather cute. Aren’t we lucky to have nice snug vans for winter travelling, although we don’t have a diesel heater yet. I think we will get one before next winter.

Jackie said...

What a handsome Teddy.

God bless.