Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Holiday Knitting

I took a couple of knitting projects away to do during our caravan holiday recently, and knitted these four little Baby Beanies as we traveled in the car and also during the evenings.  It used up some partial balls of wool which was hanging around, so I’m pleased to see the oddments turned into something useful.  Since we returned home, I set to and stitched them up.  Must admit that I’m rather pleased with how they turned out.

P1000146
Baby Beanies

As you may remember, I do some sewing for the Foster Hope charity, and found this knitting pattern on their website.  So these little beanies will be included in my next donation bag shortly, as it is now winter here, warm hats will no doubt be needed for little heads.  I’m sure I could work out how to make them larger to fit toddlers, I know I have a little more wool tucked away somewhere.

Gemma has her own little bit of "knitting" too.  I gave her some scrap yarn of her own and she often plays with it.  Other favourites are her feathers, which she really loves to carry around in her mouth, and her little mousey toys.  Birman cats are quite playful, you know.

P1000145
Gemma’s "knitting", she often plays with this in her paws

P1340630
Cats love playing in boxes too

13 comments:

CathieJ said...

Gemma is adorable. I love those little baby beanies. What a great way to use up bits of yarn.

Maria said...

Cute beanies to keep little heads warm...
Nice photo of Gemma...

Julierose said...

Just adorable little beanies...nice work
Gemma's "paw-kniiting" looks quite abstract hahaha
~ ~ ~ Waving from afar ~ ~ ~ Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Im sure your hats will be enjoyed and what fun kitty is having!

FlourishingPalms said...

Those baby beanies are adorable! How generous of you to knit them to donate. They will be so cute on babies' heads! I have two yarn projects at my house; both are crochet. Neither of them is being finished - an afghan, and a stuffed teddy. I need someone alongside me to motivate me to finish them... and companionship isn't happening here any time soon. :-(

Karrin Hurd said...

Cute little hats!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

What a pretty kitty! And I love your charity knitting. I do a lot of that, too.

If you are on Ravelry, the "LOSY hat" (LeftOver Sock Yarn) is a great hat for olderish kids to adults. Very scrap friendly, as the name implies. I think the pattern is still free. Since it's ribbing all the way up, it's very flexible as to fit, which is great for charity knitting.

Sarah said...

Those little hats are very sweet. Lovely colours too! Cats are funny, but they do seem to love a box.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The hats are adorable and will be treasured. Gemma’s knitting project looks like she could use some help with the “pattern.”

Connie said...

I'm not a cat person, but I must say your cat is beautiful. Love the precious little beanies, how sweet you are to make them. Have a lovely week.
Connie

Birthe Marie said...

Those little hats are adorable!

Jill said...

Adorable beanies. They are a quick easy knit as I have made similar. Great take along project. Love the various stripes. Cats do love yarn and boxes. Keeps them entertained.

Karen S said...

These are sweet little beanies. Such a great way to use up those smaller bits.