Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Pink and Blue RSC Blocks

In between the usual Saturday chores I spent some time today at my sewing machine.  It was time to sew some more Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks, and I’m doing some catch up sewing from last month too.  Being away on a caravan holiday for 3 weeks meant I couldn’t complete all my pink sewing for June, so I’m pleased I’m now up to date.  The colour for July is dark blue, am I the only one hankering for some cheery sunny yellow?  But I’ve sorted through my dark blue scraps and organised what I need for my RSC blocks. I’ve stitched my simplest blocks first this months, and have made two selvedge string blocks, one in pink, the other in dark blue.  My selvedge bag is still far from empty!

P1000147
Two selvedge blocks

I rather like the spool blocks -  I found this cute selvedge spool pattern on Lorna’s blog Sew Fresh Quilts.  You can find the post and free pattern here.   One pink catch up block, and one blue one, so this project is up to date now as well.  These pretty little spools will eventually become a small wall hanging for the sewing room.

P1000148
Two spool blocks – done

It’s always good to tick another item or two off the to-do list, and there's always plenty of other projects waiting their turn.

12 comments:

Maria said...

Yes I would love some nice yellow or red RSC colours too but I do love both your Salvage Blocks and cute Spools.....
I must get my Sisters done....

Janice said...

A nice productive day. It’s good to be caught up.

Julierose said...

Lovely block additions; I have dropped out of RSC--am doing finishing up instead--my spare room closet needs more room for other things rather than UFO's hanging there...
~ ~ ~ waving from afar~ ~ ~ Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was hoping for anything but blue - we already did 2 colors of blue I was ready for red or yellow -

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The spool blocks are adorable made with the salvages.

Lyndsey said...

Very pretty blocks and I love being able to tick items of my list. I haven't joined in with the RSC this year as much finish up some projects from earlier years.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love both your selvage blocks! The spools are an especially fun design, and the pink and blue are fun side by side.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yellow would have suited me fine. Alas, we are at the whim of Angela's overflowing scrap bins. Nice start on your Dark BLUE blocks for the RSC!! Here's hoping you had a lovely holiday and will soon finish the catch-up work to be done.

Julie in GA said...

Your selvage blocks look fantastic! So far I've managed to avoid collecting selvages, but I'm tempted when I see a fun project like yours.

grammajudyb said...

I like your use of selvage strips in the spool block! Sew cute! If I might ask, what size are your string blocks?

FlourishingPalms said...

It's good to see scraps used-up in happy rainbow projects. Honestly though, I wouldn't have enough blue scraps! I've managed to sew most of my least favorite colors that were in my stash and scrap fabrics. Blue is one of them, as is purple, and don't even mention brown. Ugh. Give me aqua, orange, and yellow any day! Happy, bright sewing!

Karen S said...

Both types of blocks look great. But I really like the ones with selvages.