Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Dark Blue RSC Stitching

This week I’ve been working on two of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, it’s dark blue this month.  First I made three pretty blue butterflies, then sat and hand stitched their feelers on.  This little addition always makes then look so much better.  They will be joining their other friends in the butterfly sanctuary shortly.

P1000160
Three dark blue butterflies

Next up were the checkerboard blocks, these are always a nice easy block to stitch.  I try to use small pieces of fabric in the monthly colour to stitch these, so I’m not cutting into larger pieces just for a tiny square.  If I'm lucky I will find small charm squares in the nominated colour of the month.

P1000176
Checkerboard blocks

I rather enjoy this monthly RSC challenge, so much so that I’m already thinking of what blocks I would like to make for RSC 2021.  Crazy – but true, of course I know that this years stitching is far from finished!  But it always a good thing to plan ahead, don't you think.

9 comments:

Karen S said...

These blocks always look so good!

Julierose said...

Oh those blue butterflies are just lovely!!--
After finishing my x-stitch blue butterfly, I am resting both my eyes (those x's go wonky after a while) and my hands...I am on a bit of a respite and hope this coming week to
s l o w l y
get my mojo back--it has flown away for now...;000
Hugs from afar Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like your butterfly blocks and the rest. And here I am thinking I might not do the RSC I have for two years now and might need to think of something else for a year long project - not sure yet

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The blocks you chose to make this year work well for the challenge. I especially like the cats and the butterflies.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always think ahead about what I want to make next, too! Usually it's because I've seen some blocks that someone else is making, and I want to try them, too. Your butterflies in blue are beautiful, Jenny!

loulee said...

I'm enjoying the RSC too. This is my first year at joining in. I was doing just butterfly blocks, but this month I added a new block, so will have an 'overlap' project when I finish the first one. LOL

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome Dark BLUE blocks for the RSC, Jenny!! I am also beginning to plot and plan for next year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. SEW many choices and only 5 more months to make a decision!

Jenny said...

Thank you all for your kind words. These RSC projects seem to grow, don't they. So many lovely options out there which we all want to try.

Janice said...

RSC is fun to join in on. Your butterflies are so cute. I’m scheming on next year too. This is my 3rd year. I’ve made quilts for the first two years and this year it is cushions. I’m not sure what I will make next year. There is so much to choose from.