Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Where has the Week Gone?

It’s been a busy old week, as they sometimes are, with Sew Wots on Tuesday, a trip to the hospital on Wednesday for Robin to get a knee assessment, a Birthday Lunch on Thursday, and friends around on Friday to help with a job on the caravan.  So not a great deal of stitching got done, unless you count the mending, that must be worth something, surely.  I darned a small hole in one of Robin’s good woolen jerseys, perhaps not the best darning job in the world, but it got the job done.  Then I took up the hems on a new pair of winter trousers for myself, and altered another pair of trousers.  Mending is something which always seems to get put aside, but its so good when it’s done.  And it doesn’t really take that long at all, once the decision to start is made, I find.  Don’t ask me how I’m coming along with that blue sock!

Now it’s Sunday and its our family tradition to enjoy a cooked breakfast.  Bacon, tomato  and eggs for breakfast, cooked by Robin – with the addition of mushrooms as well today.  With such a hearty breakfast, it was just soup for lunch.

P1000268
Sunday breakfast

Our weather is just glorious today, in my part of paradise.  The sun is shining, just a gentle breeze, the birds are chirping, so it’s hard to believe we are in mid winter here in New Zealand.  I took my hand stitching outside this afternoon and sat under our handy Arch Gola on the patio.  It was so pleasant, and I enjoyed doing some more big stitch quilting on my New Zealand Botanical quilt.  It was a game of “thread chicken”  as I came to the end of the pale green thread on the roll.  Didn’t really want to go and buy a whole new roll at this stage.  Luckily I found some other thread in my bag which is very close in colour to finish off the quilting.

P1000272
Luckily I had a similar thread to finish off the quilting

Gemma joined me outside too, happily snoozing on the wooden bench.  She likes being outside with us, there are always things to sniff and look at, then jump up on a seat for a rest.  When she has had enough, she walks to the sliding door and  asks to go back inside.  Cat’s have great lives, don’t they.

P1000273
Gemma came outside too

There’s a bolar roast cooking away in the crockpot, the veggies are prepared, as is a boysenberry crumble (cobbler) for dessert, so I’m well organised for the evening meal.  Must be time for a cuppa, I think.

9 comments:

loulee said...

LOL Snap. Our roast is in the crock pot too!
Gemma looks settled on the bench, it has been a lovely day.

Maria said...

Weeks just fly by , it's like someone told me once " Life is like a toilet roll. The closer to the end the faster it goes "
Well done with the mending and I won't ask about the blue sock , lol....
Yes we're also having beautiful sunny weather but we NEED rain badly....
Cats sure have a good life and our dog....

Julierose said...

Our weeks feel like they are dragging during the week, but then all of a sudden it's the weekend again!! Time is so elastic. I got my Star Spangled all quilted and made the binding...hoping to get it done this coming week...
Stay safe--enjoy your good weather--it is 75 degrees at 6:30 a.m. here and the dewpoint is already at 71--very hot and humid...hugs from the AC julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't make a cooked breakfast often although I do like them - I don't like the time it takes lol - hubby doesn't cook so if it is done I need to do it.

FlourishingPalms said...

Sounds like an idyllic life to me! Easy days of coming/going with friends, a little fixing and creating, good meals (dessert!), and glorious weather. How much better can it get?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The breakfast a robin prepared looks heavenly. I’m glad you were able to stitch outside as well as get some mending accomplished this week. I seem to delay mending as long as I can.

Jill said...

Yes, a hearty breakfast and certainly delicious. I dislike playing thread chicken and glad you had a similar color. So pleasant when one can stitch outside. Our cat's life is easy, but she doesn't think so. ;-)

Jackie said...

My breakfasts are usually cold cereal, toast or yogurt. Harvey makes us a lovely breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast on the weekend.

How nice to be able to stitch outside.

God bless.

Karen S said...

Time can fly by. Good to be able to enjoy the sunshine and be stitching.