Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Tiny Tree is Growing

Its now Week Four of Lockdown and I'm still keeping myself busy, pottering around.  Lately I’ve been working on assembling my blocks from the Temecula Tiny Tree stitch-along from late last year.  As already mentioned, I’m doing my version a little differently, mainly because I really didn’t want to stitch tiny blocks of 2 3/4in unfinished!  So my tiny tree is already growing.

Of course Gemma wanted to help, jumping up on the bed as soon as I laid the quilt top out to see how it was looking.  I don’t have a design wall so have to use the top of the bed or the floor.  Mind you, in our small home there’s not a great deal  of spare floor space either.

P1340497
Am I a big help, Mum?

It’s not been a nice day here at all today, heavy rain and then the thunder was booming overhead.  Gemma didn’t like the loud noises at all, and buried herself under the batting which I had laid over the quilt top to see if it was big enough.  Here she is with her tail hanging out, hoping that big noisy monster doesn’t get her!

P1340498
Hiding from the thunder

With such nasty weather it was lucky that I had some tasty French Onion soup bubbling away for lunch.  I had also made some keto cheesy bread rolls, not terribly successful as they ended up more like cheese scones, but still tasty with a warming bowl of soup.   I love making home made soup, such a great comfort food in the cold weather, and there is plenty left over for tomorrow’s lunch too.

P1340499
French Onion soup for lunch

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been baking too much and any warm bread is good isn't it. I am thinking of making an apple pie this weekend! should I or not I'm hoping we have not been gaining too many pounds!

Maria said...

I also use the bed as a design wall most of the time.
Great photos of Gemma.. Ithink most pets don't like thunder.
Our Lacy hides in the corner of the loo ??
Yummy soup and cheesy bread/scones for lunch.

loulee said...

Yum, home made soups are the best. I love french onion but don't make it very often.
Cats do like to inspect and help out don't they? No thunder here in Timaru.

Julierose said...


I am making lots of soups and freezing them in portions for two. Your onion soup looks delish stay safe ~ ~ ~ Julierose

ButterZ said...

French onion soup is delicious

Karen S said...

Definitely time for delicious soup when the weather turns nasty!

Janice said...

Poor Gemma. It sounds like you had perfect soup and seeing weather. I’ve made one batch of soup, but we are still having nice weather, so it is in the freezer for when it is cold. How is Robin going in lockdown? I hope he isn’t getting too bored.