Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, April 19, 2020

More Blue Blocks

I always enjoy linking up with Angela of So Scrappy for organising all the RSC sewers, the colour this month is light and/or bright blue.  I’ve been busy stitching a few more blue blocks to add to my Rainbow Scrap Challenge collection.  First to be done were three pretty blue butterflies, complete with embroidered feelers.  I don’t know what I was thinking as I had cut some of these pieces incorrectly, so that needed fixing.  I’m wondering is there is a little “low level anxiety” hanging about, with being bombarded every day with all the Covid virus news.  Carry on stitching, stopping for a cup of tea or coffee  every now and then seems a good response, for me anyway.

P1340489
Three blue butterflies

I wish I could say that I whipped through these nice easy checkerboard blocks but once again, there was a small error.  Nothing that couldn’t be easily rectified, it’s just that I had only cut three blue squares for each block instead of four.  So it was back to the bags of scraps looking for a few more blue bits.  For these RSC blocks I always like to investigate the bags of small scraps first, rather than cutting into larger pieces.

P1340490
Checkerboard blocks

Both of these projects will be eventually made into donation quilts, butterflies for a girl and checkerboard for a boy.

11 comments:

Nancy J said...

It is so easy, when every day seems to be the same. bHave you managed to get a grocery delivery or a click and collect? I am so glad we do not have to venture out, but admit every day at home is not exciting. I am joining in Sandra's quilt along, again, and needed 4 blues, a light,medium dark, and a small piece of bright. Sounds so easy, but after washing and ironing 24 selected fabrics, am still dithering. Guess I will have to use that old way, take a photo in B&W, and make sure the difference is noticeable. We have had torrential rain again, there is nothing quite like a sopping cat coming up to your head, at about 5.30 a.m or so, and demanding to be patted and dried.

Kate said...

I like your butterflies - it's a nice block.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your butterfly blocks - especially the one with the polka dot wings! I agree with you about the low level anxiety. I don't always notice it, but I know it is there, and it comes out in odd ways!

loulee said...

I think a few hiccoughs along the way are inevitable at the moment. Your finished blocks look lovely.

Julierose said...

Your butterfly blocks are so lovely. ;)))
~ ~ ~ waving in the cold wind again Julierose..

ButterZ said...

Thats good planning. Join in the SAL and get something for charity in the end. a double banger

The Joyful Quilter said...

I think these Light BLUE Butterfly blocks may be my favorite, yet!

Maria said...

Both sets of your blues have turned out great , I especially like your butterflies..
Good we have our hobby to keep us sane and happy...

Karen S said...

All the blues are looking so good! I think these are some of the prettiest in the challenge.

Michelle Ridgway said...

The butterflies are very pretty in blue....nice chequerboard blocks too....hate unpicking lol! Xx

Janice said...

The butterfly blocks are so cute. They will both be great donation quilts.