Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Start of Blue Stitching

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour for April is blue, light or bright, but leaving the darks behind for another month.   This time, I decided to do my more time consuming block first, and looked through my blues for something suitable for my blue colourpoint cat block.  Once I had done the paper pieced arc, and matched the dots on the curved pieces, the rest of the block went together quite easily.  Mind you, it took me several hours to get this block done, I’m pleased I’m only stitching one of these blocks a month!  And here she is, a beautiful blue Birman.

P1340439-640x480
My blue block for April

It was time for her to meet the other cats, but before they all mixed and mingled, I sat and added buttons for eyes and a nose, and stitched whiskers to each cat.  That’s so much better, I think.  With their pretty pussy cat faces, they now have their own personalities.

P1340446
Four colourpoint cats

That’s four cats stitched so far, teal, orange, green and blue.  Not sure how many cats I will end up with in my cattery,  I’ll see what they all look like together as the months progress.  Now, I’m sure I’ve got some other blue RSC blocks to stitch.

Many thanks to Angela of So Scrappy for organising all the RSC sewers with her link-up each week.  It’s always a treat to see what the other participants have produced.

12 comments:

Julierose said...

I love your cattery residents;))) This looks like a challenging block to make!
Nice work on these...~ ~ ~ waves from julierose

Maria said...

Worth the time to sew each Birman Cat Block.
The cats do look much happier with their eyes,nose and whiskers...

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your cats! I haven't gotten started on my blues this month I have a feeling it will be the end of the month before I get busy with them.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Finishing the faces now will prevent the cats from becoming a UFO. They are adorable!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on finishing your Light BLUE Cat block for the RSC!! What a difference adding the faces made!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cats are so amazing! I agree that stitching the faces on really gives them some personality. They're going to make quite a quilt!

Karen S said...

I am still loving these cats!!!

gayle said...

I do love your pretty kitties!
What an adorable block!

Cathy said...

Your cats are so cute. And of course, I’m including Gemma in that statement! :-). In fact, I could *maybe* even see myself trying one of those! I hope you had a lovely, if quiet, Easter.

Janice said...

Well done on working on your most difficult block first this month. Isn’t it incredible what a difference the added facial features make to them. This is going to be so cute.

Cathy said...

Oh those are sooooooo cute! Nice to see them gathering despite social distancing!

Susie H said...

I am loving your kitty blocks!! One year I should make those or something similar as a tribute to my Polly.