Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Rolling the Dice, at last

Here we are in the beginning of April, and I’m only just starting to roll the dice to choose what project I will work on each week.  Mind you, I have finished off three small quilts,so far.  The tops were completed last year, and I wanted to start off my 2020 list with nothing hanging around waiting to be quilted. 

P1330514

P1340337P1340392
Recently completed.

So what’s on my List of Six now?  Some oldies and a couple of new ones.

1:  Neutral Strings blocks – I have enough of these to make a couple more cot quilts.
2:  Sampler Quilt – added to the list during last year but still waiting it’s turn.
3:  Printed Panels – I still have two of these tucked away ready to made into donation quilts.
4:  Caravan Place Mats – waiting on the list for a while
5:  Under the Sea – a new addition to the list, stitchery blocks waiting to be assembled.
6:  Tiny Tree –  new addition, sew-along pattern offered by Temecula Quilt Co last Christmas.

So that’s what is on my current list, and rolling the dice brought up number 4, Caravan Place mats.  I was gifted these caravan themed fabrics a while ago and I’ve been waiting to do something with them.  I’ll be making place mats, and an apron, so watch this space.

P1340415
Caravan fabrics

With no caravan trips in the foreseeable future, we will be staying at home, giving me plenty of time to keep working on my projects.  It’s always a good feeling to have a new start, isn’t it.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Well done completing the three lovely quilt before starting your new Dice List..
That's a great list and I look forward to seeing your No 4 made.
Perfect fabrics for the caravan...

ButterZ said...

Those fabrics are so suitable. Can't wait to see your placemats.

Julierose said...

WOW what a neat roll of the dice for this month--placemats and an apron..looking forward to seeing how they come together..really cute fabrics...stay safe at home
~ ~ ~ ~ waving from julierose ;)))

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Nice to see your finished project all together. I need to finish my Tiny Tree (add borders and quilt) as well. I keep moving it from pile to pile.

Janice said...

Have fun with your latest Dice Roll project. I haven’t seen those caravan fabrics before. They will be cute placemats.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely quilts Jenny. Have fun with your No.4. We are going to miss our Winter trip this year too x

Karen S said...

Good luck with your place mats!