Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, March 21, 2020

One Blue Colourpoint Cat

Another block on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge now ticked off the list.  This block is a little more complicated (for me)  and as I’ve been on holiday recently  it’s been a while now since I last  tackled this block. Must admit that some unpicking in the assembly process took place!   I think next month I will read the instructions properly, and lay out all the pieces before I start putting the cat together.  And here she is – a Blue Birman, that’s what I’m calling her.  No face yet, it might be a good idea to stitch their eyes and whiskers on as I complete them.

P1340364
Teal blue cat

She wanted to meet her other kitty friends too, and get to know them.  So here they are,one green, one teal blue and one orange.

P1340365
Three cats in a row

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge is run by Angela at So Scrappy – I love taking part in this and seeing what the other ladies create too.

13 comments:

Maria said...

A beautiful Blue Cat to join the others... They look great together and they will make a gorgeous quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your cats!!! they are really cool

Julierose said...

they are just lovely--what a challenging block to make...hugs, Julierose

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

Ditto on the previous comments. I'm looking forward to your future blocks.

Michelle Ridgway said...

What beautiful blocks Jenny xx

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Delightful blocks! They will make a fun quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your RSC Kitties are coming together beautifully!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cats are wonderful, Jenny! The block does look like it's a bit tricky to put together, but the result is so fun!

scraphappy said...

Some blocks are worth a bit of trouble. Your are beautiful!

Janice said...

These are so effective. They will look gorgeous when all together. I usually have to do some reverse stitching when working on foundation paper piecing too. I think it goes with the territory. They are worth the effort.

Karen S said...

These are wonderful cats. I think this is the most interesting block I have seen anyone do for the colour challenge.

Debi said...

I love your kitties!

Raewyn said...

I do love these cats! Is yours a Tilda pattern - I have one saved from there I was going to use to chew some scraps. Lovely and inspiring to see yours!