Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, March 16, 2020

Binding Completed

Are you like me and love getting the quilt binding done on your project?  It’s so nice to sit and stitch, knowing that the end is almost in sight.  Even nicer when you can hand stitch outside on the patio, as I did, making the most of the warm Autumn weather.

P1340335
Hand stitching the binding

This was a very economical quilt to make, as most of the squares used were gifted.  The border fabric came from the “freebie” table at my quilt club, and the flannel backing was also a give away, so I feel I've done very well indeed with this little donation quilt.

P1340337

P1340338
Little girl’s cot quilt

The squares include bunnies, fairies, chickens, frogs, high heel shoes, butterflies and flowers, all sorts of things for a little one to find.  This quilt will be going to Foster Hope, a charity for children in foster care.

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes I like to get the binding done too - it means I can finally use it or someone else can! nice finish

Kim said...

Such a sweet quilt, Jenny,overspilling with delightful squares of adorable fabrics. Some child will spend many delightful moments inspecting each whimsical square. How kind of you to stitch this charity quilt. Yes, I rather love the binding process. I love the fact that my quilt is nearly finished and can be enjoyed forevermore.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Congratulations! It’s a delightful and fun quilt.

Judith nb Serena said...

What a beautiful quilt, a little girl will treasure it. I love the way you've quilted the border. Thanks for the email about the walking foot.
Judith nb Serena

Jill said...

That is one special I Spy quilt! It should keep a a little one’s interest a long time. Smart lady to be stitching outside while taking advantage of a pretty autumn day.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love to stitch binding! What an awesome quilt for some little girl!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh yes... binding is my favourite!
You have done a great job with this scrappy quilt!
Thank you for your generosity!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love stitching binding, too! That's a very sweet quilt that someone's going to love!

Karen S said...

What a great finish. That is such a sweet donation quilt.

Janice said...

I agree with your thoughts on binding. You can tune out and just stitch away. It really is a lovely quilt.

Maria said...

Such a sweet girls quilt and great to have been given most of the fabrics..

Julierose said...

Just so cute--I love this one hugs, Julierose