Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, March 13, 2020

Little Girl’s Cot Quilt

I’ve been busy working away on my donation cot quit over the last few days.  Last time I mentioned it, all the layers were pinned together, and I had ditch stitched around the blocks.  So it was time to add some straight line quilting to the body of the quilt with my walking foot.  How did we ever manage without these, I wonder?

P1330589

Then it was time to quilt the borders.  With a print like this, I decided to quilt in the lines between each coloured segment, making use of the diagonal shapes.  This worked quite well, and I’m pleased with the results.

P1330591
Ready to quilt the borders

The binding will be added shortly, and I hope to have this little quilt finished in time for “Slow Stitching Sunday” link up.  That’s the plan, anyway.

As well as quilting the cot quilt I’ve been busy sorting out some teal or turquoise fabric for my next round of Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  Pleased to report that I’ve got the blocks for two of my RSC projects cut and pinned, ready to sew.  The easy blocks, I have to add,  I still have to organise the fabric for my paper pieced and curved piecing Colour Point Cat block.  Why didn’t I tackle the harder one first, I wonder, and get it out of the way? Guess I'll have to work on this block next week.

7 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The border fabric looks great with blocks. I rarely use my walking foot, but it is handy to have.

Julierose said...

I also love that dotty border fabric...so perfect for your blocks...nice work...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks lovely! I have a walking foot on my babylock but I don't like un-threading from the machine and had a hard time re-threading the machine with the walking foot in place and would have to take it off to thread the machine - I gave up and haven't used it since.

Judith nb Serena said...

Looking closely at what you call your walking foot it looks very like my general use foot. Are they one and the same thing?
Judith nb Serena

Janice said...

You’re making great progress on your donation quilt. It will be much loved by a little girl in the future. I’m a bit the same with my RSC blocks, leaving those pesky curved ones till last. I really don’t know why we do it to ourselves. Good luck getting yours done.

Maria said...

Sweet Girls Quilt with a pretty border.

Karen S said...

Great progress. You are nearly there!