Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Home again

We are now safely back home after our trip away.  The caravan has been emptied and cleaned, and I’ve finally caught up with the laundry.  Although we visited the laundromat regularly while we were away, there always seems to be mountains of washing when we return home – of course the sheets and towels all added to the pile.  Just as well I quite enjoy being a washer woman!

Autumn has now arrived in my part of the world, so it was time for a seasonal change.  I’m really pleased with my little Autumn wall-hanging stitchery up on the wall for the first time, hand quilted too.  Although the season has changed, our weather is still rather mild, and we are still in summer clothes.

P1340331
Autumn has arrived

Hanging above the couch now is my Autumn toned “Baskets of Blessings.  This was my first attempt at spiral quilting, slow going, but I’m pleased with how it turned out.

P1340330
Baskets of Blessings

I like to have a quilt over the back of the other couch, and this has now been changed to “Maple Leaf”, blocks I received when I took part in a block swap some time ago.  This quilt is purely for decoration, it’s never cold enough here to want to have a quilt over our legs in winter.  So that is the extent of my Autumn decorating.

P1340332 
Maple Leaf quilt

So what's next this week?  I would like to get on with quilting the little girl’s donation quilt.  So far I’ve stitched in the ditch around the blocks, and prepared the binding, the same fabric as what I used for the borders, so that’s a good start.

P1330522
Girl’s donation quilt

And I really must be on the hunt for some teal/turquoise/aqua fabric to use in my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for March, I’m sure to have a little of that colour tucked away.  Then I can get the blocks cut out and ready to sew.

8 comments:

loulee said...

Welcome home. It's nice to go away, but always nicer to be home I think.

Kim Sharman said...

All your autumn pretties look wonderful in your home, Jenny. The little girl's donation is pretty. So many bright and happy fabrics. Your winter seems very mild if you don't need quilts to snuggle up in. I did smile at you loving being a washer woman.

Janice said...

I love seeing your seasonal displays. I still have to do my little shelf. I bet you’re itching to get back into your sewing room.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have plenty to work on now that you are home- do you have fall plans to travel or do you decide that when something comes up and not in advance. This year we have no plans until we know how the virus is doing in the states - hopefully it will just go away soon and not come back.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Always nice to have quilted seasonal accessories to make the house cozy. Happy to hear you had a safe journey home and have caught up with all the after trip laundry.

Lyndsey said...

I love your autumn decorating, they are all so pretty. I haven't read any blogs for a couple of weeks so need to play catch and find out about your trip. Our winter here in London has been mild this year, I think I only snuggled under a quilt a couple of times. I currently enjoying spotting signs of spring.

Judith nb Serena said...

As you are back home we have moved out from our winter mooring and started our cruising for this year. I loved to read of all your travels, brought back happy memories of our visit of 2009. What lovely stitching, I do like the donation quilt, some little girl will be thrilled with that. Happy stitching.
Judith nb Serena

Karen S said...

Looks like you have had a bit of fun getting out your Autums projects. Lovely to display them at home.
Good luck with your donation quilt.