Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Getting started with Teal

The month is half over so I’m running late with my RSC blocks for March.  That’s what happens when you go away on holiday for several weeks!  But I’m back home now, sorted out some fabrics, cut and pinned the pieces, and stitched them up.  The simple checkerboard blocks are fun to make, and look quite nice in this colourway,  I think.  These blocks will eventually become a boy’s donation quilt.  I had a small scrap left of teal fabric printed with creepy crawly insects, enough for two squares, let’s hope a boy will think they are interesting.

P1340333
Teal checkerboard blocks

Next I stitched three butterflies, they will be able to flutter off to  join their other pretty friends now.  Another fun block for a donation quilt.

P1340341
Three more butterflies

What does it say about me that I’ve tackled the easy blocks first?  The more tricky paper pieced and curved piecing Colour Point Cat block will have to wait till next week. 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your butterflies are very cute

Julierose said...

Lovely teal butterflies--hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Good idea to get your two easier blocks done first....

Julie in GA said...

I think it makes sense to get the easy blocks out of the way first. Love your checkerboard blocks, and the butterflies are lovely!

Cathy said...

This old lady finds the creepy crawly squares interesting so I'm sure some little boy will too. And those butterflies are sweet. What a couple of nice donation quilts.

I like to get easy blocks out of the way too. That way it seems like I quickly accomplished something.

Hope you had a lovely holiday!

Karen S said...

These are looking great, but I can't wait to see the cats!

scraphappy said...

Nothing wrong with crossing the quick projects off the list first. It gives you more time to prepare for the others. Love the butterflies!

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have done really well,with your teal choices...Lovely blocks xx