Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Working on the Rugby Panel

Its been a frustrating few days working on the boys rugby panel.  Although the stitching has been straightforward, what to use in the borders has not.  With trying to use up what I have and not being tempted to rush up to the LQS and buy extra fabric has been  little frustrating.  I decided to frame the panel in dark blue teamed with a black/grey print, and I’m happy with how that turned out.  I had planned a slightly lighter outer blue border in a similar shade seemed a good idea, but I had nothing suitable available in that colour range.  So I decided to use plain black instead.  Then came the time to prepare the binding and I ran out of the blue, grrr.  Never mind, the top is finished now, and a two colour binding is stitched and rolled, all ready and waiting.

P1000628

The rugby panel

I would like to  get this layered and pinned over the next couple of days, then it will be ready to work on again when the dice rolls three for this panel, if it all works out.   It’s always good when the projects get advanced on to the next stage.

Gemma hasn't been much help in the sewing room at all lately.  She likes to spend time in the sitting room with the sunshine streaming in the windows.  Here she is curled up on the base of her scratching post, doesn't seem at all comfortable to me, but she enjoys it there.

P1000629

Happy in the sunshine

9 comments:

Maria said...

Even though it was frustrating finding the right fabrics in your stash I think you did well and the rugby panel looks great.
Gemma sure has a good spot to sleep in.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cats can sleep their life away don't they

Julierose said...

I like how you bordered that panel--and the colors are perfect--nice work
Hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Snoozing in the sunshine sounds like a good way to spend an afternoon. I like the quilt top: the border fabrics highlight the panel well.

Michelle Ridgway said...

The panel looks wonderful all made up. I think you did a lovely job of it...always feels good to use what we have x

Pink Rose said...

Wow Jenny beautiful border,well done,dont blame Gemma for sitting in the sun xx

Jackie said...

I absolutely love the way you have done the border.

Tomorrow I do my first dice throw and get another project started, perhaps even finished if it is a small one.

God bless.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am up to date again on your posts, Jenny. I loved the pale pink with the neutral strings triangles. And now this rugby panel. My SIL played rugby and made it to the provincial level. He played internationally in England and busted his knee in play. It ended his career and his knee has never been the same since. However he loved rugby so much and follows all the teams.
I think Robin and his brother really look alike. How nice to enjoy a get together like that. All the more appreciated in these strange times.

Karen S said...

I think you came up with a good result for the borders. That has worked really well.