Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Final Colourpoint Cat

I’m happy to say that I have completed my final Colourpoint Cat for the monthly Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  The nominated colour for the month was yellow, but I didn't really want a yellow cat.  Instead I chose a cream, tan and light blue pattered batik, so she looks a bit like a tortoiseshell cat.

P1000800

My final cat block

And for once I managed to lay all the blocks on the floor and take a photo without our nosy cat Gemma deciding to check them out.  She was away snoozing somewhere so she didn’t know what I was getting up to.

P1000801

Nine Colourpoint Cats

This project will be a wall hanging so I’m stopping at nine blocks.  The next step will be to decide if I need to add sashing and a border and stitch the blocks together and then get it quilted.  I've decided to get it commercially quilted as I rather fancy some custom quilting on this one.  When completed it will take it’s turn hanging over the sofa in the sitting room.

25 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely collection of colourpoint cats...nice job on these--I especially like this month's color combo hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your cat quilt!! this will be so nice when you have it done - are you putting sashing in between blocks?

Maria said...

The cats look fantastic and I’m not sure about smashing between them .. would be hard to chose a colour....

Cathy said...

What a delightful wall hanging that will be! The tortoiseshell cat is the perfect finish. How funny that Gemma missed the “unveiling”! Stay well!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cars are just wonderful, Jenny! I've enjoyed seeing each new one as he (or she?!) came along. Have fun finishing up your wall-hanging!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What a wonderful array of blocks and lovely felines! They are going to make a beautiful, eye-catching wall hanging.

gardenwitch said...

I made the whole quilt for our youngest daughter's college graduation 10 years ago. I quilted thought bubbles if cheese and mice or speech bubbles if purr and meow. I quilted unrolling balls if yarn in the sashing. I just replaced the binding for her last week.
I hope you enjoyed the challenge if it.

Connie said...

Jenny your quilt is going to be marvelous hanging in your sitting room. You are so talented, this doesn't look like a very easy block. I'm sure that I would make a mess of it, but you do amazing work. Sew Pretty!

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

Seeing them together certainly shows off their diversity. Am excited to see your setting too. When it's on the wall it'll be a show stopper.

LA Paylor said...

I LOVE those cats... I put the cutest cat video on my I LIke post yesterday, I've watched it about 5 times now... this is such a fun quilt Jenny!
LeeAnna

Rose Marie said...

This is adorable .... I've never seen this pattern before!

grammajudyb said...

I’m so excited to see your tan,sots yellow ish cat! They make a great selection all together! It IS going to be a showstopper!

Karen's Korner said...

Love those cool cats.

Jackie said...

Very nice. I love the colours, and really are there any truely yellow cats....

God bless.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a wonderful wall hanging this is going to be, Jenny!!

Kim said...

I love your tortoise shell cat! All your Kitty's are going look fabulous in a wall hanging.

sue s said...

The "yellow" cats are perfect with the rest of the group! This will be a striking wall hanging for sure.

Cathy said...

Oh what a gorgeous clowder!

Karen S said...

They look great together. I like the way you have organised them facing in different directions.

linda said...

I love those cats it's going to amazing when it's finished.

Deb said...

I just love those cat blocks, what an unusual cat pattern.

Janice said...

They look so good laid out together. I love how the cats are looking in opposite directions.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Yhey look wonderful. Its going to be a beautiful wall hanging x

The Cozy Quilter said...

I hope Gemma doesn’t mind sharing her home with these wonderful cat friends!

Edith said...

Oh my goodness, those cats are cute.