Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, November 2, 2020

The Last Hurrah

The last birthday celebration for my 75th birthday (how old?) has finally come to an end, with a family lunch on Saturday.   Just a small get-together as sadly my son Michael was unable to attend.  Unfortunately neither could my older sister Kathleen, who was not well, and my niece and her daughter her were to bring her down from Hawkes Bay.  Never mind, it was great to have the others there for the day.

We were lunching at local café Murrayfield.  Daughter Nicky, hubby Robert and grand-daughters Emma and Megan.  Together with my younger sister Karla and her friend Murray.

P1000809P1000808

Robin and Jenny, Murray and Karla

P1000812P1000818

Nicky and Robert, Emma and Megan

What to order?  After due consideration I decided on Prawn Curry, and Robin had Fish and Chips.  There were a couple of Big Breakfasts delivered to the table, Eggs Benedict, and pancakes too.

P1000824

Here we all are

The rain came pouring down so we had to wait for it to stop before we made our way outside to the cars.  Everyone was invited back to our home for Birthday Cake and coffee.  Oh yes, I just had to have a second decorated birthday cake.

P1000805

Chocolate birthday cake

It’s certainly been wonderful with multiple birthday celebrations, but it’s all over now.  I blame my daughter Nicky – she is a great believer in having a month of birthday celebrations, rather than just celebrate on the actual day. Time to reflect how blessed I am with family and friends sharing in my special birthday, and finally time to rub the birthday message off the little black board.  I’ve had a great time!

P1000708

It’s all over now.

12 comments:

Julierose said...

What a wonderful month-long celebration. Great to have these memories...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a great way to celebrate a birthday! I'm lucky to get one cake and I make the darn thing myself!!

Deb said...

Happy Birthday!

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

I agree with your daughter. Let the celebrations continue. Lovely cake!

Jenny said...

Thank you all so much! I de died that for this "big birthday" I would have to organize it myself, planning lunch dates and including the cakes, otherwise it might not happen!

Janice said...

A birthday is definitely worth a big celebration and given the crazy times at present, best to take the opportunity when we can I'm glad you had fun month of celebrating.

ButterZ said...

I'm so happy you have had a great month of celebrations. Your RSC blocks look great too.

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your month of birthday celebrations. As I have said before having these smaller gatherings really appeals to me. I am an introvert (though some would not think so as I hide it very well), and much happier in smaller gatherings.

The cake looks wonderful.

God bless.

Maria said...

How nice to have a month of celebration for your birthday 🎂 🥳 ......

Connie said...

It's great to see celebration and happy smiles . . . this world can use all it can get. Happy Birthday Sweet Jenny!

Karen S said...

It looks like a lovely way to wind up your birthday celebrations. Very special with family.

JanineMarie said...

What a wonderful month of celebrations you’ve had. And Happy Belated Birthday! It feels good to see normal life in another part of the world, with family gatherings and restaurant celebrations.