Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Number Three Again

I rolled the dice on Monday morning, and it brought up number three again, the Rugby panel, the same as last week.  Not that I really mind, just that I was not expecting it so soon.  During the weekend I had stitched the backing, and layered and pinned it all together, so I was raring to go. After struggling down on the carpet getting a few pins in to secure it, I then picked it all up and finished the job on the glass topped picnic table outside.  So pleasant outside in the warm Spring weather, and much better for my back and knees!

P1000638

Pinning the quilt

In fact, I was on a roll sitting outside under the archgola, that I pinned up a second quilt too.  You haven't seen this one yet, it was stitched together leader and ender style, another donation quilt.  As quilters know, it feels good to use up some more of that never ending fabric, especially for a good cause.

At the moment I’m quilting with my walking foot around all those straight lines.  One step at a time.  I’ll have to see how far I get on this project this week.  No weekend sewing for me, we will be away in the caravan once again!

P1000640

Starting the quilting

I’m feeling quite virtuous, have spent a little time in the kitchen preparing meals.  Made a cottage pie for dinner tonight, and a fish pie to take away for the weekend - that’s popped in the freezer for later.  And we have done our democratic duty yesterday and voted early.  Our Members of Parliament and the hopefuls are in full campaign mode – out in the regions hustling for votes.  After a Covid rocky start and a change of date, the  General Election is not too far away now.  There was plenty of hand sanitiser on tables, and plenty of room available so we were well spaced out.  It was a good idea I thought to be offered a pen each  to keep, so that we could mark our choices on the ballot papers using a pen untouched by others.  All necessary precautions these days.

P1000639

Early voting locally

Gemma is not at all interested in these goings on, she hasn't even joined me in the sewing room today.  No, she’s too busy tucked us safe and snuggly in the hidey hole in her tower, probably dreaming pussy cat dreams while she waits for her dinner to be served.  What a life!

P1000645

She’s in here somewhere

9 comments:

Nancy J said...

We both voted too, yesterday, brought our pens home, guessing they would not sanitise and reuse them. Filled in about 12 clues in a crossword, and Hey??? The ink ran out.Guess they are a " Use once and throw away".

Julierose said...

We also voted yesterday--but by absentee ballot which was fine with us...
Gemma is really hiding in her little play tower--;))) hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we will do our voting next month I hope all care is taken at the polling stations, ours is electronic so I will make sure to sanitize my hands well when done - I'm not sure how they plan on doing it but they say everything will be well spaced apart

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I voted early a couple of weeks ago. Crowds were light and I felt very safe. During flu season I always carry and use my own pen. That habit has been helpful during COVID, too.

FlourishingPalms said...

Looks like you're doing all the right things these days: making to give away, meal prep planning ahead, and voting. You've done your duty, and now I hope you have a nice weekend get-away.

Maria said...

It's actually good to have No 3 came up again as you can now get it another UFO done as well as a bonus one.
Oh it's very hard pinning on the floor pleased you could move it onto the table.
You are very organised , all ready for dinner, food for caravanning and voted..
I see you Gemma...

Jackie said...

I have started the roll the dice. Last week I got 1 and got the beeswax wraps made for Christmas gifts. Monday I rolled a 5 and got make Harvey some wine cozies for his carboys so they stay in the dark. I will be doing those on Friday.

You are moving great guns on that quilt now that you rolled it's number again.

God bless.

Karen S said...

Looks like this quilt will be finished in no time.

Allison said...

I must get back to my 'roll of the dice' quilting/sewing too. Your quilt is lovely. We applied for postal votes here for our end of the month state election.