Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Sew Wot Tuesday

As I had to miss the previous Sew Wot morning, it was great to catch up with everyone again.  And especially nice to welcome back Jenny N who has been convalescing for a while.  Carol was our hostess today.  And she had certainly been keeping herself busy, knitting a quartet of little dollies, with another one in the works.  All dressed beautifully of course, with lots of accessories, one even had tiny rollers in her hair!

P1000684

Carol’s knitted dollies

Helen had been busy stitching gifts, I loved this tote bag she had made for her SIL.  Such pretty fabric with the pops of coral.  And that wasn’t all, she had also stitched up two aprons and hand towel sets for birthday gifts.

P1000682

P1000683

Helen has been sewing gifts

I had some show and tell too.  First was two pair of cozy wool socks – I may have to put these away till next winter now things are warming up here.  I’m feeling very pleased with myself now that I finally seem to have mastered the heels and toes.  This pattern is knitted on two needles so has a seam up one side.

P1000685

Two pair of pink socks

I had also finished two little baby beanies and two draw string bags, to be donated to Foster Hope charity.

P1000686

Then I had to check out what the others were working on.  Jenny N was making a lovely shawl out of such a pretty shade of blue wool.  Heather had her tiny dolls and was adding their clothes.  She confessed that this is indeed a very old UFO, in fact it was started for her daughter Mandy many years ago.  Perhaps she will now keep it for herself, she thinks.

P1000687P1000688

From Jenny and Heather

Mary’s “Lucy Boston” piece is coming along well – there is certainly a lot of work in this project.  She was busy appliqueing the hexies onto a background fabric, and this will be completed as a table cloth.

P1000689

Mary’s pretty hexies

Carol certainly looked the part when she took our tea and coffee orders.  And what a marvelous spread she produced for us, much appreciated.

P1000691

P1000692

Morning Tea time

I always enjoy meeting up with this friendly group each fortnight, and seeing what they have been making.  We are all different,  some love intricate handwork, others do machining, and most of us do knitting from time to time.  

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your group is very active - it must be so nice to get together - I used to do that quite a few years ago but slowly it seemed the group fell apart - I tried a different one but it meets one evening a month and I never really felt like going out in the evening and no one was really that friendly so I quit trying that one after a couple months.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Carol’s dolls are sweet. I love the curlers! I’m glad you share photos of the projects: they are great inspiration.

Maria said...

What a lovely GTG and delicious morning tea..
WOW! all the ladies have been very busy and makde many gorgeous projects. I especially like the pretty bag and we dolls.

ButterZ said...

What a great catch up with yummy food and fantastic show n tell.

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

I'm always in awe at all the lovely projects you and your group make ... But the knitted dolls are particularly amazing to me.
I just love reading your blog and seeing your photos.
Happy spring to all.

Jenny said...

Thank you Joanne, I'm so pleased you enjoy reading the blog. Your comment came through as "non reply" so I cannot get back to you. Do you have your own blog, perhaps?

Karen S said...

They are always so creative. Thanks for sharing all the show and tell.