Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Binding Time

It’s always great to get up to the binding stage in the quilt making business.  I didn’t have quite enough blue go right around the rugby panel quilt, so used some of the grey/black fabric across the bottom.  It doesn’t look too bad, I hope.  Sitting at the dining table was very pleasant as I hand stitched the binding down.  Then I had lots of ends from quilting around the rugby figures to finish off.  I do like to sit outside if I can, but although it has been sunny, the breeze has been a little chilly these last couple of days.

P1000699

Hand stitching the binding

Finally this job was finished and it was photo time.  I’ll be donating this to Foster Hope charity and hopefully a youngster will love it on his bed.

P1000711

Most of this quilt was made from stash fabrics.  Although I did purchase the panel, at only $5 it was a bargain.  And the black and white spotty fabric I used on the back was part of a bundle donated recently to our Sew Wot group, so I gladly took it home and used that.

P1000712

17 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a very cute quilt for a child, they will love it. Happy stitching!

Kim said...

A rugby-loving young person will love your quilt, Jenny. You know, I rather love the grey for the binding at the bottom. The panel really stands out with the border and the nine patch squares in each corner are perfect. A lovely finish indeed!

CathieJ said...

What a wonderful quilt for some lucky child.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great quilt for a child! Love your polka dot backing

Julierose said...

Oh some lucky child will certainly cherish this one--really nice setting for the panel and great work--I love the dotty backing too! hugs, Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I think that quilt will make some child happy for sure! Love the polka dots perfect for this quilt!

Lyndsey said...

That's a lovely quilt Jenny and a great finish. The panel is really fun and a rugby loving youngster will most definitely want to give it a home.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh, you did such a nice job! It's perfect for a donation quilt, and what you did with the binding - using two different ones - looks great! No child will ever recognize that you use something different across the bottom. I'm sure you're feeling good about this finish, as you should!

Denise :) said...

Yes! I believe a youngster would love to have it on his bed!! Very nice!! :)

Karrin Hurd said...

Great quilt! Hope you have a great stitching day!

Sarah said...

I've no doubt a youngster will LOVE the quilt. It's a really fabulous panel!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the way you surrounded the panel with the sashing and 9 patches. The binding looks great the way you did it, too, Jenny! Someone is going to love this quilt!

Karen's Korner said...

You have enlarged the panel to a quilt size beautifully. I am with you - sitting outside to sew is lovely on a nice day!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job! I know a child will adore this quilt and the love that you sewed into it.

Karen S said...

This is a wonderful finish to your quilt. It looks great and will be a great gift. Well done.

Maria said...

Your Rugby quilt looks fabulous and will be loved by a special little one..

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jenny what a lovely thing for you to do ,I can see this quilt will be well loved by a boy ,you did such a beautiful job of making this well done my friend xx