Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Still Working on Number Three

I decided not to “roll the dice” this week and work on project three again.  After all, I’m not too far from the finish line that I couldn't bear to put it away, and wait for the number to come up again.  Just as well I'm in charge and can change the rules a little, don't you think.  I have been working on quilting around the rugby players on the blocks.  Slow going for me, as I don’t know how to do it free motion very well so I’m going slowly with my walking foot.  How much I’m in awe of quilters who are so skilled with FMQ that they have their quilts finished in no time at all!

P1000681

Quilting around the figures

I’ve done most of the bigger blocks now and have the smaller ones at the top and bottom of the panel to do, plus finish off the borders.  When I went back to the sewing room for another session this is what I found.  Gemma all nice and cozy on top of those rugby players – I think she likes the All Blacks best.


P1000693

She knows she has to move

So Gemma lost her soft snoozing place and I got on with more machine quilting.  Almost there, and with any luck I can finish off the binding on Slow Sunday Stitching.  That’s the plan, let’s see how it goes.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

I can't do FMQ either and using a walking foot to go around items is slow work for sure...
it's really looking good...
hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Since you have everything out, you might as well continue working on the project for a finish. I find it takes a lot of time to gather everything once it’s been put away.

Jackie said...

It is moving right along. Yes I agree that you can change the rules if you want.

God bless.

Bonnie said...

Rats, your pictures didn’t come up. Don't know if it's because I’m on my iPad or not as I usually am on a laptop. Hope you get your quilt finished and you can get stitching on that binding this weekend.

Karen S said...

Great to see you sticking with it. Don't worry about how long this all takes. No rush and not a race.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I can't do free motion either and gave up trying to learn - it looked awful and I don't want to waste my time trying to figure it out. Sometimes when we come close to a finish we just want to get it done

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

A lovely Sew Wots Post, Jenny. Was the asparagus rolled in bread? All looked so yummy. My mom used to knit dolls like that for a charity project and I remember how she loved to individualize each one too. Meanwhile, I, like Gemma think this is a wonderful quilt already. Great to near a finish too.