Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, October 17, 2020

More Yellow Stitching

My Rainbow Scrap Challenge sewing isn’t over for the month, there was still some more yellow stitching to finish.  How about this little cutie?  I made another spool block with selvedge edges.  When finished this little wall hanging will be going in my sewing room/spare bedroom.

P1000635

Yellow spool block

Then it was time to stitch up some checkerboard blocks.  I made four in yellow and two in burgundy.  Why the extra colour, you may be wondering?  When I had a count up of the blocks, I needed two more to give me the number of blocks I needed, so burgundy it was.  These are nice simple blocks to make, and so effective, I think, and will make a great quilt for a teenage boy.

P1000633

Checkerboard blocks

And lastly, I made some simple little flag blocks, in yellow and burgundy again, using up the extra bits of fabric left over.  This project will be carried over to next year, as I only started making these blocks a while ago.

P1000634

Flag blocks

Once again, I’ve put off making the more intricate paper pieced Colourpoint Cat block till the last.  It really should have been stitched first, and got it out of the way.  Hopefully I’ll be able to do it before the end of the month.

17 comments:

Julierose said...

Yellow spool is so cute--love the "variegated thread" ;)))
nice yellow RSC blocks...hugs, Julierose

Vicki in MN said...

I really like your checkerboard blocks, I can see this in many colorways, how about a rainbow one!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to get my yellow blocks made for the RSC still - oh well the month is only half over isn't it.

Jackie said...

Those checkerboard blocks are gorgeous. They are going to make a great quilt for young man.

The spool is going to be perfect for your wall.

God bless.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very nice blocks in progress. Those checkerboard blocks will make a very nice quilt for a boy. Happy stitching!

grammajudyb said...

Fun blocks! Happy yellow spool block! The checkerboard blocks are a great block for a more masculine quilt! I’m anxious to see the end result for that one. Also looking forward to your cat blocks . They are so special!

Maria said...

All your RSC blocks will make fabulous quilts..

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your spool block with the selvage top and bottom! That's going to be the perfect wall-hanging for your sewing room! I like your other blocks, too - great idea to add the burgundy scraps.

maggie fellow said...

so glad you have progress - hard to believe it is time to think about next year.

Chantal said...

That's a lovely little yellow spool. Compared to the piece of selvage, I'd say it is very small. Looking forward to see more of that project. ;^)

Deb A said...

I agree, those blocks will be great for a teen boy. Love the selvedge edges on your spool block.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely bits of YELLOW, Jenny! Looking forward to seeing what you do for this month's cat.

Cathy said...

That spool block is a great way to use selvages. I never would have known you used selvages if you hadn't mentioned it.
Yes, checkerboard blocks will make a wonderful quilt for a boy or girl, man or woman.
Looking forward to seeing your cat next week!

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty spool block. I did that checkerboard quilt a while ago and loved the result.

loulee said...

Looking forward to seeing how yo finish your RSC blocks.

Karen S said...

Another lovely collection for your monthly challenge. A great way to get a collection of blocks.

Pink Rose said...

Lovely blocks well done Jenny. Hope you have a lovely day xx