After a week apart, I’ve now been reunited with my sewing machine. It only took a week, so that’s not too bad at all. My Bernina 440QE is about 10 years old now, and still going well, technician Barry informed me. He gave it a good check, adjusted this and that, removed a few threads stuck inside (oops), checked, cleaned and lightly oiled all the bits and pieces, so I’m good to go again. Just in time for my quilt club’s sewing day organised for tomorrow. And, Barry told me, my trusty machine has done 4,734,093 stitches!
Back home again
Today I’ve started tracing off pieces for an applique pattern – and wondered if I have bitten off more than I’m capable of. The plan is to make grand-daughter number 2 a horse quilt, and I have purchased a kit from Toni Whitney Designs, to put in the centre of her new bed quilt. It’s a beautiful picture of a horse’s head, but I didn’t realise there were so many intricate pieces involved. After spending all afternoon, I have only traced and fused two small portions of this design, and just about torn out my hair with frustration. Guess I’ll have to work on it “little and often” till it’s finally done. Must admit that it’s a much bigger job than I anticipated, with lots of tiny pieces. And with my fat fingers, I don’t really do tiny.
Mistral – a Toni Whitney design