Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, April 16, 2010

I’m feeling Virtuous

That’s what deciding to go for an early morning walk can do! I’ve had a bit of time off from work lately, so thought I should see about getting a little more active. (That’s what the doctor likes to say, exercise more and eat less). After all, I’m retiring in 6 months time, so want to make sure that I can keep up with other people I know who have finished their working lives. Friends tell me they are busier than ever once they stop work. They dash about here and there, use their gold card for free public transport, go out visiting, and then say rather smugly, “I don’t know how I ever had time to go to work”. I can’t wait to join them.

Another unpaid day off work means that I can get some stitching done. (I really do need to sit down after that walk!) So that’s what I’ll be doing. I’ll get that little bit of mending out of the way, and then what shall I do? I know, I’ll start working on my Father Christmas. I love making Christmas items, don’t you?

1 comment:

Lindi said...

Good for you, Jenny! I can't wait to "retire" either. :)