Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I just love looking…..

I just love looking at quilts in craft shops as we travel around this beautiful country of ours. We stopped at Digbys of Woodville, situated under the shadow of the Tararua mountain range, and at the eastern end of the Manawatu Gorge. Just in time for morning tea so we enjoyed a coffee and date scone. Digbys also sell a wide range of local and imported crafts, so I spent a happy time looking around.

P4080748 Cafe and craft shop

There were beautiful little hand embroidered baby gowns on offer, and baby knitting, all locally produced. Being a quilter, it was the quilts on display that took my eye. It is always so nice to see what other quilters are producing. The cafe owners did not mind me taking a snap of the quilts and told me that they are also locally made.

DSCF3276 Quilts on display

Follow our caravan travels and see what we are getting up to on our other blog: www.romanyrambler.blogspot.com

No comments: