Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, December 6, 2013

I’ve been looking everywhere

Now I’m finally at the stage of putting the binding on my Christmas quilt, I’ve been hunting high and low looking for the binding fabric.  I’m sure I had it tucked away in a bag somewhere, together with the leftover scraps from the quilt blocks.

PC060096 Ready for the binding

Where would it be?   First of all I looked through all the bags of UFOs hanging from my coat rack.  No, not in any of those bags, but I did reacquaint myself what is still waiting to be completed.

PC060094  Didn’t find it here

I know, I thought, I’ll check out the basket by my sewing cabinet, perhaps I put the fabric there? .  No again, not there either.  Perhaps I put it in one of those plastic crates (even more UFO’s) stacked up in the wardrobe.  While it may have been interesting looking though the crates, opening up bags, and finding all sorts of things I had forgotten about, I still drew a blank.  But I did find the pattern for the quilt, so that was something.

Finally, I came to the conclusion that maybe I didn’t have any fabric left to do the binding after all, and that is why it just couldn’t be found.  After all the time I’d spent looking here, there, and everywhere,  getting hot and bothered, it all seemed a bit of a let down.  There’s only one thing for it, I’ll just have to visit the quilt shop tomorrow and buy some fabric to make the binding.  Problem solved. 

1 comment:

loulee said...

Problem solved indeed!
I do like your wip coat rack, what a cool idea.