Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Two Little Wooly Hats

In between all the secret sock knitting, I've made two little wooly hats.  These were made using up bits of left over yarn, such a good way to get rid of small balls hanging around.

P1030896

Two little hats for donation

The brown and white hat used up the last of Robin’s birthday socks home spun brown wool, and I even managed to make a pom pom.  It’s been many years since I’ve made a pom pom, and I think I’ve lost the knack over the years, do hope it all stays together.

The dark blue hat used up other bits and pieces, and I had just enough of the pale blue yarn to eke three stripes out of it!   I’m quite pleased with these and they will be going into the Foster Hope donation box soon.

Even though it’s Spring here in New Zealand, it’s been rather cold, wet and windy lately.  So for a nice warming treat I made a steamed pudding for dessert.  Must admit that I can’t really remember the last time I made one of these, and with some whipped cream, it was delicious.  And with just the two of us here, there is plenty left for the next couple of nights too, so yummy.

P1040022

Jam steamed pudding tonight

16 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a great way to use up your leftover wool! You are very generous with all of the things you make for donation. Those hats are really cute

Helenchaffin said...

the steamed pudding looks delicious! great job on the hat's, awww to go back in time to Spring,we are entering into Fall yet Summer is doing it's best to hang on

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those little hats are so cute! It always feels good to use up those little bits of yarn. Enjoy your dessert!

CathieJ said...

I love those little hats. I recently had to make a pom pom for a hat and botched it the first time around as I forgot how to make it. I was able to salvage what I had done as I admonished myself for the mistake. What a great way to use up bits of yarn. Stay warm. The steamed pudding looks tasty.

FlourishingPalms said...

Goodness, but you make knitting sound so easy! "Just" use bits and bobs, and before you know it you've got two caps. :-) You must know that you're quite skilled, and that the some of us - like me! - would be all thumbs trying to make such cute things. I think they're lovely, and you are too, for donating them. Your steamed pudding looks delicious! I've never seen or eaten such a dessert, but I have no doubt I'd like it!

Julierose said...

Such cute "wooly" hats you've finished--and used up your leftover yarns, too! How great that worked out:)))
That steamed jammy pudding looks so yummy--[can I hop over and get a bite? hahaha if only, right?]
Hugs for a great upcoming week...Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the dessert looks good and so do the hats!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The hats are adorable, and the pudding looks delicious!

Quilter Kathy said...

I would love to learn to make a hat - yours look terrific!
I used to know how to knit mittens, but it has been many years since I've tried.
Enjoy your Slow Sundsy Stitching!

Karrin Hurd said...

Your hats are lovely and steamed pudding looks delicious!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are sweet little hats, Jenny! You're so good at using up those leftover bits of yarn. And your dessert looks yummy!

Nancy J said...

Steamed pud, what a treat as the days have been unseasonably miserable here. Love the little hats, they will be so welcome.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh my, the jam steamed pudding looks so delicious, Jenny. Your toboggans are adorable . I do wish I had learned to knit- maybe someday. Have a wonderful 1st day of October.

Maria said...

Two cute hats and a great way to use up bits of yarn.
That pudding does look delicious. I haven’t made one for years….

Raewyn said...

Cute wee hats, Jenny. And lovely to donate. The pom-pom looks great - you don't appear to have lostyour touch there! I can relate to the unspringlike weather - warmer clothes were pulled out again the other day - a steamed pudding would have been yummy!

Jackie said...

Cute hats.... and a great way to use up that leftover yarn.

God bless.