Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Sew Wot Tuesday

Helen was the hostess this time, she lives out in rural country surroundings, a nice little drive away.  Most of us were there, but Mary was unable to make it.  There were some older quilting magazines looking for a good home, so we looked through them and I took several home.  The rest will be donated to the Op Shop. 

As I was the birthday girl this week some lovely gifts were presented to me, how exciting!  I received fabric, fancy soaps and a pretty soap dish, hand cream and an interesting parcel with a bright green handle sticking out.  This turned out to be a lint remover, just the thing for removing Gemma’s very fine hair which floats around in the air and gets all over my quilting projects.  Believe it or not, despite having a cat who sheds fur, I’ve never had one of these handy tools.  Many thanks to my Sew Wot friends for the lovely gifts. 

Of course there was some show and tell.  Helen started the show with a selection of very nice baby knitting.  She had certainly been keeping busy working on these pretty little garments.

P1040212

Helen’s baby knitting

Jude was pleased to report that she had finally finished the pair of socks she had been working on for a while.  These are for her son.

P1040214

Jude's socks – done

Sandra had finished her knitting project too, a little baby blanket. This is a lovely design, and much quicker than the previous pattern she had knitted, she said.

P1040222

Sandra’s baby blanket

Christmas is coming up fast, and Carol is ready with her Christmas table cloth.  It certainly is nice and festive.

P1040218

Carol’s Christmas table cloth

The next quilt shown certainly had a story with input from two Sew Wot members.  This is to be a shop sample for Foxs Cottage. Mary made the boat blocks, then it was assembled and quilted at Foxs Cottage, and Helen will be doing the binding.  This is such a nice design.

P1040225

Boat blocks

Morning tea was served, and goodness me, look what was carried out from the kitchen.  Helen had made some delicious carrot cake muffins, and carried the tray out, one with a birthday candle, just for me!  That was such a nice surprise indeed.

P1040226

Happy Birthday to me

It was such a lovely morning, and I really appreciated the gifts, its always such fun opening up these small parcels to see what delights are hiding under the wrapping paper.  Thanks so much ladies, for making my birthday so special.  Sadly I wont be attending the next two Sew Wot mornings, as we have a couple of caravan trips planned.  But I will be back in time for our Christmas outing.

9 comments:

Jo said...

Sew happy for you to be spoilt for your birthday celebration. I am also happy you are getting away and your travel plans have restarted.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy Birthday! it is always nice to get gifts and blow out a candle! All that knitting looks so nice!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

A very happy belated birthday, Jenny. It sounds like the Sew Wots had another fabulous gathering with much inspiration. So many lovely projects that the ladies were working on. Have a lovely day.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a productive group you are! I'm still felting, but can't post them as they are for my Ottawa kids. My daughter does read my blog.

Julierose said...

How wonderful to receive such apropos gifts..really pretty little knits
hugs, Julierose

FlourishingPalms said...

What sweet friends you have! They definitely selected thoughtful gifts, and I'm happy for you to have the experience of owning a lint-roller! I have several of them in my sewing room - no pets here - that come in handy for removing threads from my design wall, and "cleaning up" a quilt top to prep for pin-basting. No doubt, after you try out yours, you'll be stocking up! It's lovely that you had your own birthday carrot muffin-cake. It sounds like a perfect time spent with special people.

Jackie said...

The baby knits and the quilts are lovely. I really like the baby blanket as well.

God bless.

Maria said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes. You did receive some lovely gifts from your Sew Wot friends.
As usual there’s so much fabulous show and tell. Love the cute baby jackets.
Delicious morning tea muffins with the special one for you.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Jenny!! Here's to many many happy returns. Oh my carrot cake muffins do sound delicious. What great projects those talented ladies made and the Christmas table cloth is such a great idea. I must note that.