Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Sew Wot Tuesday

I was the Sew Wot hostess on Tuesday and it was nice to welcome everyone here.  Jude’s birthday wasn't quite over, and she received two more gifts to open.  What was inside, I wondered?  Pretty fabric and fancy soaps, we discovered.  It’s just as nice watching the gifts being opened in anticipation from the sidelines, I think.

P1040035

Happy extended birthday, Jude

I received an early birthday gift from Heather, plus a pretty little hand picked posy from her garden.  Can I keep this gift till my birthday, I inquired?  Of course I could, so I will look forward to opening it up in a couple of weeks time.

P1040045

Gift and flowers from Heather

Gemma also received a gift from Heather – a cute little fish toy made by Heather’s fair hands and stuffed with catnip. She didn't quite know what to do with it at first, and then I saw her playing with her fishie later in the morning.

P1040039

Here, fishie, fishie

Because there were visitors in the house, Gemma decided to play up, just like kids do.  She jumped around everywhere, then took a mighty leaf onto the top of the wall unit.  Probably thinking, “you cant catch me!”

P1040036

It’s no trouble to get up here

There was only a little show and tell.  I showed my boy’s Happy Blocks donation  quilt and the Noah’s Ark embroidered top.

P1040050

My show and tell

Carol had been busy making some more knitted toys, and a little singlet and hat set.

P1040041

Made by Carol

And Heather had made a little applique zip pouch/purse, the kit was a recent birthday gift.

P1040038

Made by Heather

Most of us spent the morning knitting and chatting.  Heather was knitting the prettiest lacy socks for one of her girls. Morning tea was served, I was too busy to take a photo of the food, but the cheese rolls were very tasty.  Southern cheese rolls, as they are called, are a South Island thing, and the cafes in different towns have their own secret recipes!  They consist of slices of bread, slathered with cheese filling, rolled up and baked/toasted in the oven till piping hot.

P1040037

Heather’s lacy socks

P1040043

Sandra and Carol, and the morning tea is almost gone

Mary was the only one not knitting, she was busy adding stitches to her pretty op shop find, an embroidered tablecloth.  Such lovely colours in this.

P1040044

Mary’s op shop tablecloth

Gemma settled down after a while, and took quite a fancy to Heather.  She spent the rest of the morning snuggled up to Heather’s bags.  “you are very honoured”, I told Heather, “Gemma is very particular who she pays attention to!”

P1040042

Heather’s new best friend

We had a lovely morning, as always, and we will do it all again somewhere else in two weeks time.

9 comments:

ButterZ said...

Looks like a lovely day

Helenchaffin said...

what a beautiful wonderful week you've had,hope you have a beautiful birthday as well!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Gemma is so funny! So Fun to get together with friends to visit and stitch/knit!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love seeing your cat quilt on the wall I always liked that one. And a birthday coming up always nice to receive gifts and nice that all the ladies work on what they want from sewing to knitting

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Happy Early Birthday! The pansies are beautiful

Lyndsey said...

Another lovely morning with like minded friends, Heaven. The cheesy rolls sound great so I must give them a try. At camp the girls loved cheese dreams which were fairly similar. Anything with cheese gets my vote.

Maria said...

Another lovely Sew Wot morning with your friends...
Gemma's a funny kitty..

Jackie said...

What a lovely day. I hope you share your gift with us once you open it.

God bless.

Karen S said...

Definitely another lovely day. Lots of great projects.