Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Sunday Slow Stitching

Today is a great day for some slow stitching.  It’s cold and windy outside, a typical Spring day, just the right sort of day to stay inside and do something creative.  I’m working on my rather old clam shell quilt, started quite some years ago.  It had been tucked away in a fabric covered hat box, a gift from my daughter.  Of course, I knew it was there, and occasional got it out from time to time, just to check and fondle the fabric.  Finally I decided, why not just get it out and finish it!  So I did, and now I’m big stitch hand quilting around the clam shells.

P1040063

Purple clamshells

Remember my mystery knitting project from a couple of weeks ago?

P1040007

What was I knitting?

It’s now finished – and is called a Bunny Blanket Buddy.  Nice easy knitting with a stuffed head.  This was knitted in quite thick acrylic type yarn, and will be added to my Foster Hope donation box.

P1040052

Who is a cheeky bunny?

18 comments:

ButterZ said...

Love the bunny.

The Cozy Quilter said...

It’s very satisfying to get to work on an old UFO. A perfect project for Slow Sunday Stitching. Cute bunny!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is cute

Deb A said...

That bunny is adorable! Love the clam shell quilt. I'll bet it is happy to be in the finishing stages. Have a lovely day.

grammajudyb said...

It’s good to put some stitches in a project that has lingered a while. Cute bunny! How big is he?

Julierose said...

Your clamshell piece will be so lovely with that pretty hand quilting all along. there really is nothing like the look of hand quilting I think;)))
Your little "cheeky bunny" is so adorable!! Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty clamshell quilt! It will feel good to get some stitches into it. That bunny is cute, too!

Maggie said...

Great to see the clamshell quilt. Always enjoy seeing your projects and a cold day is definitely perfect for working on a quilt. Have a great week.

Angela said...

Big yes to fondling fabric! Just makes me happy!

Gretchen Weaver said...

That bunny is really cute, it will be a wonderful gift. I love your clam shell quilt! I like that you aren't stitching in the ditch but 1/4" from the edge, it looks very nice. Happy stitching!

Sarah said...

Bunny is super cute!

Berkshire Tatter said...

We are also having a cold, windy and grey day. Typical autumn for Massachusetts. I am now inside for the rest of the day. The Christmas cactus and geraniums were just brought in for the winter. Getting ready to enjoy my threads (and football). Have a great day and love your clamshell quilt.

Marthanne

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you for getting it out. I still have an embroidery for our kids' 10th anniversary. Unfinished. They are approaching 20 years!

Jackie said...

What a cute bunny.

I love the clamshell quilt, such lovely colours.

God bless.

Karen S said...

Lovely to see your clam shells out and being worked on. And that bunny looks very sweet!

Jayne Honnold said...

Big-stitch quilting will be perfect on your clamshell quilt. I find I prefer that more and more. Enjoy the process! And the fondling! ;)

CathieJ said...

Oh I love the fabrics in that clamshell quilt. I am partial to purples. That little blanket bunny is adorable.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Very cute bunny! Your clamshells are similar colours to my hexies which I am using clam shell design to quilt. If that makes sense!Great to be finishing a project.