Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, September 25, 2020

String Block stitching this week.

There hasn't been a huge  amount of stitching time available this week, but this is what I’ve managed so far.  You may remember that my “Roll of the Dice” brought up number one on my list, neutral string blocks.  These blocks were made quite some time ago for another project, which I didn’t continue with.  So I’ve been using them in donation quilts.  This week I started with this last pile of assorted blocks and some pink fabric.

P1000571

The last of my neutral string blocks

After some time spent diligently at the  sewing machine, this is what I finished up with.   Can you spot Gemma sneaking over for a photo bomb?  After all, she thinks, if I lay a quilt on floor, it must be for her to check out.

P1000575

P1000578

The quilt inspector

I’ll add a border later, and it will be big enough for a cot quilt.  That’s all the stitching I’ll be doing this week, as we are off on a caravan weekend away, but I’ve managed a little stitching time this morning, in-between packing the van.  Our destination is reasonably close, and we are not to arrive till after 2.00pm.  So we will have an early lunch before we go, then head off to Foxton.

It will be nice to catch up with caravan club members again, and we are looking forward to a nice social weekend.   I’ve packed my library book, and my knitting, just in case there is any spare time. 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun on your camping trip

Janice said...

The pink really gives the low volume string blocks a nice lift. It will be a cute little quilt. Enjoy your weekend away.

ButterZ said...

Pretty string blocks. Enjoy your trip.

Julierose said...

Just a lovely dusty pink with the neutral blocks--really nice...
I need to make a couple of "Dolly" size quilts for my two little grandgirls. for their American Girl dolls and stuffed animals collections...
I will be stash diving to find some cute fabrics for those...
hugs, Julierose

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Glad you are using the blocks. Do you use a fabric foundation when you stitch your blocks?
xx, Carol

Karen S said...

I am impressed with the way you have kept going back to unfinished projects and making good use of them. Great result.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jenny love your blocks well done and I hope you have a lovely weekend away xx