Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, September 19, 2020

More Red RSC Stitching

Another trio of butterflies joined my collection, pretty red ones this month.  They will be joined by their yellow flutterby cousins next month, I’m sure they will be just as pretty.  Then I’ll probably need to have a count up and see how many I’ve got, and work out how I want to assemble them together.

P1000516

Three more butterflies

Then I stitched up some easy-peasy flag blocks, that took hardly any time at all – no photo this time, for whatever reason, I must have forgotten.  Next were the four checkerboard blocks.  I’m always impressed how nice these easy blocks  turn out, and they will be made into a boy’s donation quilt when the time comes.

P1000515

Red checkerboard blocks

So that’s it from me so far, I’ll go and check out what the other RSC stitchers  have been making.

15 comments:

Kate said...

I like your butterflies, Jenny.

FlourishingPalms said...

Plugging away at small piecing is a sure-fire way to get things done. Good for you to be doing that!

Lyndsey said...

Very nice blocks, especially the butterflies.

Maria said...

Beautiful red blocks.....
Be great to see them made into quilts.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty butterflies and checkerboards, too! Isn't it fun to sew with red?

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a nice selection of RED scraps used in these blocks for the RSC, Jenny!

scraphappy said...

What sweet little red butterflies. Looking forward to seeing the yellow ones join the flock.

Deb A said...

Pretty butterflies. I have a version planned for next year.

Raewyn said...

Well done keeping up with the rainbow scrap challenge. Your blocks are looking great.

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty red butterflies. Those checkerboard blocks are great scrapbusters.

Kim said...

Jenny, your butterflies are so delightful! I can just see them all fluttering together in a big quilt. I cannot wait to see them all together. How fun this quilt will be.

Connie said...

Red is my favorite color and your butterflies are so pretty.

grammajudyb said...

I am anxious to see all your “flutterbys” together. The checkerboard blocks are so fun! I want to try some of those.

Karen S said...

They are all looking good. You must have a good collection now.

Cathy said...

Love those butterflies!