Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Red Colourpoint Cat

Red is the colour for Rainbow Scrap Challenge stitching this month, so I decided to start off my RSC sewing with a cat block first.  I laid them on the bed and auditioned some red fabrics.  After all, red comes in all sorts of shades, bright red, orange/red, pinky/red so I wanted to see which shade would work best with the existing blocks.  Gemma decided to come and help out too, as she likes to do.  She wasn’t really much help at all, she was much more interested in keeping up with her grooming routine.

P1000519

Gemma and the colourpoint cats

After some consideration, I decided on a dark red and black print.  These blocks always take me ages, and I prefer to get all the pieces cut and laid out, and the sawtooth arc stitched.  Then I like to leave it till the next day, when I sew all the pieces together.

P1000530

Red cat block done

P1000529

The seal of approval

It’s Robin’s birthday today.  He’s another year older and still going strong. After cooking scrambled eggs for a birthday breakfast he had some “cuddle time” with Gemma.  She likes to jump on on his lap, then snuggle up on his shoulder while he is sitting at the table in the mornings.  We are having a quiet day at home, I’m sure there will be some sports to watch on the TV to keep him occupied.  Then we have booked a meal this evening at the local Cossie Club.  So no cooking for me and no dishes for him tonight.

P1000532

Happy Birthday Robin

15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy birthday to robin! I hope you enjoyed your meal out. Love the cat quilt

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Happy Birthday, Robin!

Red is a difficult color to coordinate with other colors. You picked a good shade for the cat block.

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Robin. Your cat quilt is beautiful Jenny.

Maria said...

Looks like you had a very Happy Birthday Robin ... nice cooked brekky and no dishes tonight....
Love your red cat block and I see Gemma does too.

Julierose said...

Happy Birthday Robin, and many more...;))
I like your new red patterned kitty, Jenny; she will fit right in with the group...
hugs, Julierose

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Happy Birthday and I love your quilt. Gemma was just helping you get a great photo shoot for your cat quilt-in-progress. She really adds to the beauty of the work!!

Lyndsey said...

Happy birthday Robin. The cat blocks are very pretty.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking at the RED options for your cat block... we chose the same fabric. :o))
Happy birthday, Robin (and enjoy your night off cooking, Jenny!)

Kat Scribner said...

Love your cats, real and fabric . Have a happy week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your cat blocks, and this one is a great addition to the collection. Glad Gemma approves! And happy birthday to Robin!

Quiltpiecer said...

Happy birthday to Robin. Dinner out and no dishes to do is a win-win. Gemma is a beautiful cat and your cat blocks are so pretty. Enjoyed your post.

Karen S said...

Great work with the red cat. Gorgeous!
And Happy Birthday wishes to Robin!

grammajudyb said...

Your red car is just right! It’s going to be a wonderful quilt! Happy Birthday to your DH! Mr Busy has a birthday next week! We still haven’t gone out to eat since March! So I’m sure we won’t now either! I’ll probably cook what ever he requests! Hope your meal out was wonderful and your upcoming week is wonderful as well!

Cathy said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Robin! Your newly pieced cat is adorable, and I’m so glad that Gemma “a-purr-ooves”! ”

Raewyn said...

I hope you and Robin enjoyed his birthday treat/dinner. I love your cat blocks - I know I say this every time I see them, but I know they are going to make a gorgeous quilt!