Completed at last, my Rudolph the Reindeer with his red nose. After being packed away so long, (out of sight, out of mind), this project finally re-surfaced this week and I’ve been working diligently to get him finished. There wasn’t really that much to do, all the yo-yos were done, and I used a mixture of tan and cream fabrics, most with a Christmas theme. But I was a bit worried about putting all the pieces together. The head needed all the features hand stitched in place, button eye, Rudolph's red nose and ears stitched in place, and his mouth embroidered. My goodness, those antlers caused me grief. Then came the business of stringing him all together.
Follow the instructions
Lots of baby yo-yos for arms and legs
I had a few false starts, and a little un-stringing and starting again, but eventually Rudolph was all done. Probably not perfect, but at least he is finished. Then cheeky little Rudolph decided he wanted to check out the rhubarb patch.
I must admit that I didn’t really enjoy this project, guess I’m not really a yo-yo lover or a toy maker. But I feel committed to making the snowman too from this pattern. After all, I’ve got all this much done, so far. And I rather like Santa too, but I may or may not make him, I'll see how I feel after I struggle putting the snow man together.
Snowman parts done so far
My stitching yesterday was done sitting outside on the patio area under our new “Archgola” canopy, read about it here. We got it installed to give us much needed shade in the summer, and it seems that it may well be handy in the cooler seasons too.
Canopy over the patio