Today has been busy, I’ve finished retrimming all my 30 Christmas ABC blocks. You may remember that when I started assembling them into rows the other day, I was concerned that my wall hanging would end up huge. Cutting very carefully, I must add, as I’ve been known to cut the same side twice by mistake. After checking all my stitchery blocks, and seeing which were the largest, I decided I could only take half an inch off each side. Not a huge difference, but by reducing the blocks down from 9in to 8in square will reduce the overall size of the quilt.
Then I got busy laying the blocks on our bed, which saves me getting up and down onto the carpet. Pin, pin, and stitch, stitch, I assembled and pressed the first three rows. This is the point I reached the other day before I decided to unpick the sashing and trim the blocks a little smaller. Here they are hanging on my quilt rack – still need to add the horizontal sashing strips.
So I’m pleased with this afternoon’s sewing. Now I need to deal with this little lot next. We are home this weekend, so I’m hoping for some more sewing time.
Christmas ABC blocks