Then I needed more sashing strips to put the rows together, using a minty green for the .cornerstones.
Attaching the sashing and cornerstone rows
After a lot of pinning, stitching, and pressing, it finally all came together and now looks like this. I decided not to do any extra borders as I felt it was quite big enough for a wall-hanging. This is made up of the 26 alphabet blocks plus four extras.
The top is finally together
The next step is to quilt it – but that won’t be happening until I get my sewing machine serviced. There seems to be a problem with my stitch length dial, which will not allow me to lengthen my stitch length – goodness knows what is wrong. Must get in touch with Barry, the wonderful mechanic and arrange a hospital visit for my machine.
And good news – it appears that blog comments are now appearing in my email in-box. This of course makes it so much easier to reply directly to the commenters. If you are still having problems, I can send you the directions of how we fixed this.