Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Mid Year Christmas

It’s mid Year Christmas sewing this week, according to the throw of the dice, which brought up number 5.  These are my Christmas ABC blocks from “Alphabet Noel”, designed by Michelle Ridgeway of Rag-Tag Stitchin’.

P1200184

With the blocks all trimmed, and the Christmas sashing strips cut, I was all set to go, and started stitching the rows together.  The first few rows were looking good, but I wasn’t happy.  As I had increased the size of the stitcheries, this quilt was going to be much bigger than I anticipated, almost as wide as our bed.    Much too big, I decided.

So sadly, all my sashing is being unpicked, and I will trim the blocks down a little smaller.  There was no good carrying on, I decided,  knowing I wasn’t happy, better to stop now and do something about it.   Hopefully by the end of the week, I’ll have something more to show you.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oooh too bad--perhaps you could do 1/2 alphabet on front and the other on the back? Just a suggestion--I hate unpicking don't you? Hugs, Julierose

Nancy J said...

Is it a keeper or a gift? Maybe if it isn't for your bed, it will fit somewhere else. Those letters look so lovely.

loulee said...

Sometimes, you just know it ain't going to be right. It will be worth the un picking if you're happy with a smaller quilt.

Tired Teacher said...

Better to make it right from the beginning, so you'll be pleased with the completed quilt. You'll have the blocks trimmed and sashed in short order.

Karen S said...

I agree. Bite the bullet and do what has to be done. It is worth it for the result you want.

Michelle Ridgway said...

If you are like me...it will annoy you until you change it! Well done getting them done xs