Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Two more Stitchery Blocks

I came across this great sign while tripping around our beautiful country in our caravan.  “Do more of  what makes you happy”, the sign read.  What makes me really happy is sitting outside under the shady umbrella on a glorious sunny day, working on my stitchery blocks.  It’s interesting how many ladies in the camp come and see what I’m doing, whether they are crafters or not.

P1040742

While on our latest caravan trip,  I’ve completed the last two blocks of my Christmas ABC blocks, designed by Michelle Ridgeway from her series Alphabet Noel.  I’ve stitched “Y is for Yule Log”, and “Z is for zzzing”.

P1040745
Y and Z Christmas stitchery blocks

But I’m not stopping here.  With the alphabet consisting of 26 letters, I’ve decided to stitch four more blocks to make the total of 30.  That way I can make my Christmas blocks into a quilt five blocks across and six blocks down.  So with the four extra blocks to stitch, I’m not quite finished yet.

With our time at Bowentown coming to a close, we will be moving on tomorrow.  We have been taking part in the inaugural Leisureline Caravan Owners Rally, and had a great time.

Leisurelines at Bowentown
View from the hill top looking over the camp at all our vans

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

I surely hope that Robin drove you up there, a steep climb otherwise!!! What a great gathering.

Tired Teacher said...

Congratulations for finishing all the alphabet blocks. The quilt is going to be a fun reminder of your trip and the places you've seen.

Th view from the hilltop is lovely. I could sit there all day.

Raewyn said...

It sounds lovely, Jenny, sitting there in the sunshine stitching away. Your blocks look great - well done on getting to the end of the alphabet...I'll be doing the same with my Country at Heart ABC, adding 4 more to be able to make a grid work.

crazyquilter said...

I am very happy to be stitching at home but I can imagine that you would be very happy stitching at Bowentown - just another lovely location in our beautiful country.

loulee said...

I'd be one of those ladies!

Anonymous said...

What fun to see a couple of VW conversion vans! I guess VW is everywhere. I'm glad you had a wonderful time, and hope you are out again soon in the beautiful weather.

SuperMomNoCape said...

Congratulations on finishing the alphabet blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing what you stitch for those extra 4 blocks that you have planned.

Thank you for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party. Aloha hugs!