Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother’s Day

Down here in New Zealand we celebrate Mothers Day on the 2nd Sunday of May.  Although I believe that Mother’s Day has different dates overseas.  My daughter posted me parcel which arrived just in time for me to pack it in the caravan for our weekend away at Carterton.  And what did she send me?  A beautiful card, and a packet of Spring bulbs – how lovely, they will soon get planted in a pot outside.  I just love the scent of freesias.

P1040947
From my daughter
While away with our caravan club friends, there was a special Morning Tea today in honour of all the Mums amongst our members.  All the men had to do was prepare and bring over tea or coffee as their spouses preferred. 

P1040929
Here comes Robin with  the coffee

And our Rally organizers for the weekend, Diane and Barry, prepared a scrumptious Morning Tea, although I suspect that Diane did most of the cooking.  The table was beautifully set, and we all tucked in to our home made morning tea.

P1040928
Lots of home made goodies

So Happy Mother’s Day to all, wherever you may live.  Hope your Sunday was a great one.

P1040931
Celebrating Mother’s Day at Carterton

4 comments:

Maria said...

A Happy Mothers Day to you Robyn.. 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷your Freesia bulbs are a great gift with the beautiful card...
How nice to celebrate with your friends with a lovely morning tea.
I was spoilt with dressing gown, cards ♥️ and sweets.

Nancy J said...

Hi to you both, and happy day to you Jenny.We had a quiet day at home, friends visited, phone rang, emails came, and I managed to finish one block. Freesias, the perfume tells us before we see those delicate flowers just where they are.

Tired Teacher said...

Enjoy your special day. The tea treats look amazing.

Katie said...

And Happy Mother’s Day to you too!! :-D