Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Sew Wot Tuesday again

I’ve spent another morning with the Sew Wot ladies – we meet every 2nd Tuesday and it quickly rolls around.  This time we met at Moira’s home, so she qualified as “the hostess with the mostest” today.  Moira had completed her lovely hand appliqued  William Morris quilt and we were all so interested to see her beautiful work. 

P1050015
Moira’s William Morris quilt

Both Helen and Mary had birthdays due so they received all sorts of interesting parcels and goodies, including a pair of cozy hand knitted socks each.  And here is the sock knitter herself, Heather B, busily knitting yet another pair!  I wonder if she will remember me when my birthday rolls around?  And that my favourite colour is blue?

P1050022
Heather starting another pair of socks

As well as having birthdays close together, Helen and Mary have something else in common.  They are both stitching away on their Zenembroideries.  Don’t they look great!  It’s the same pattern but they stitching in different shades of thread which makes a difference.

P1050020
Helen and Mary’s embroideries

Helen had something else for show and tell, a jelly roll quilt in batiks, set off with gold coloured squares.  Just lovely.

P1050016
Helen’s jelly roll quilt top

Carol had been busy knitting cotton dish cloths lately, she told us.  I have knitted a few of these in the past, they are handy to do if you are between projects but still want to keep your hands busy.

P1050017
Carol’s knitted dish cloth

I had taken my Christmas Smorgasbord around for show and tell, and then continued on stitching the extra blocks I need for the corners of my Christmas ABC quilt.  Of course, in-between the chatting, birthday wishes, morning tea, admiring the show and tell,  not a great deal of stitching really gets done.

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

lovely goodies to show, those embroideries are beautiful.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely work by your friends Jenny....love the beautiful William Morris quilt and pretty embroideries xx

Tired Teacher said...

Great job, ladies!

I must find one of the zen embroidery panels. It looks like fun.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

All caught up on your posts Jenny. I found your loaded dice issue interesting. So it will be a blue one from here on in. That New Zealand bird hanging is beautiful and your Christmas quilt turned out just as lovely as I thought it would. Always enjoy seeing what the Sew Wots are stitching.