Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, May 15, 2017

It’s Monday again

I’m home from a weekend away in the caravan – and as it’s Monday I get to roll the dice again.  What number will I get this week?.  After slaving away on my Christmas Stars and Nine Patch quilt last week, and not getting nearly enough accomplished, I was prepared to have to put it away and work on something else.  I’d decided when I first started with my dice rolling that there would be no cheating or manipulations of numbers, and the quilting angels must have been on my side this week as number 5 came up again, two weeks in a row. So I’m a happy quilter, and fingers crossed, will get to complete this project this time around.

P1040949-001

The big question as I started to quilt the remaining stars – will my roll of variegated thread last the distance?  Yes it did, with a little to spare.

P1040952-001
Almost at the end of the roll

But I’m not finished yet -  I then decided that I needed to quilt in the ditch around each star.  So that’s my plan, and I’ll get to the finish line eventually, enjoying the journey as I go along.

P1040953-001

3 comments:

Charlene S said...

My dad would say that getting there was the best part of the journey!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Boy, that is cutting it close on that thread! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

crazyquilter said...

I do hope, now that you have had a second roll of the dice on this one, that you are able to complete.

Well done with your perseverance - it is looking good.