Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A little stitching time

In between all the South Island sightseeing we are doing, I finally found a little time to sit outside in the sun with my hand stitching.  I’m (slowly) working on a cushion for my daughter, stitching all sorts of herbs in various shades of green.  There, I’ve just finished a bunch of flowering dill and a basil plant growing out of the planter box.  I’m getting there slowly, but not doing nearly as much stitching as I thought I would.  I very carefully traced off several extra projects to take away, and it looks like they will be going back home with me untouched. 
DSCF1399Herb cushion
We are currently camping  at the Richmond A & P Park.  The Nelson Race Course shares the grounds, and we often see the trotters getting an early morning workout as they are taken around the track.  The park has a long avenue of ;large oak trees and being autumn the leaves are fluttering down onto the ground and carpeting the ground.  We took Muffy for a walk on her lead under the trees to see if she wanted to play in the pile of leaves.  She looked at us as if to say, “What, me play, I’m an old girl now, remember?”
DSCF1452 Muffy (not playing) in the oak leaves

No comments: