Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Bunch of Cheeky Kiwis

One step forward, and another step to go – that’s what it is like with any project, isn’t it?  I’ve finally stitched all my Rail Fence blocks together, trying very hard not to have two fabrics the same together.  But….now and again it did happen, but I decided I would just have to live with it.  No more unpicking for me. 

DSCF1788 Kiwi fabric for borders and backing

Borders were next, and I’m using some fabric covered with a bunch of cheeky kiwis.  This was given to me by my friend Eileen (who is not a quilter) who had purchased it some time ago with the idea of making clothes for the grandchildren.  As this didn’t happen, she passed it on to me, and there is enough of the fabric to use as the backing as well.  It goes quite nicely with my New Zealand themed Rail Fence blocks.

1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

It's really cute fabric. How nice to have a non-quilting friend who wanted to pass off her lovely fabric.