Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, May 2, 2024

Where is my number five?

 Number 5 is the number chosen for the Chookshed Challenge for May.  But I had two problems with that.  I checked my list of 10 challenges to find that I hadn't anything listed for number 5.  My list went from 4 to 6, very strange.  Then I remembered that I had made kiwi blocks my number 5 challenge, to join in with some of the others who were making kiwis too.  However, mine are embroidered, not pieced.

After sorting that little problem out, I went hunting for the elusive kiwi blocks.  They weren't in my bag with all the remaining challenges, so where were they?  I finally tracked them down to my block roll - there they were, hiding away, and waiting to be found.

My elusive kiwi blocks

This set of stitcheries show Mr Kiwi enjoying a Kiwi (New Zealand) Christmas.  Cooking on the BBQ, toasting marshmallows, decorating the tree, and r4iding on a fine looking ram delivering Christmas gifts.  

What to do with them, that is the question.  This challenge will have to wait for a few days as we are away from home, to attend a Celebration of Life Memorial for a family member.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Happy you found your adorable Kiwi blocks, Jenny!! I know you'll come up with a darling idea to set them...hugs, Julierose

ButterZ said...

Oh you now have some lovely blocks to do something with. A kiwi Xmas sounds fun.

Maria said...

They’re cute embroidered Kiwi Blocks.
Looking forward to seeing how you put them together.

Susan said...

oh....my condolences to you.

Mr Kiwi looks like he was having a great Christmas.

Jackie said...

Have fun putting those blocks together. My condolences on the loss of your family member.

God bless.

dq said...

These are absolutely delightful. I can't wait to see your progress on them!

cityquilter grace said...

so darn cute!

Laura said...

Excited to see what you do with these cute stitcheries! :)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

The stitcheries are adorable, I'm sure however you choose to finish them will be wonderful.

Astrid said...

Glad you found those cute, fun stitcheries. Looking forward to see your progress.