Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Chookshed Challenge Number 9

 May has been a difficult month for stitching, what with catching Covid and two caravan trips away.  But I've persevered and almost finished May's Challenge, which is number 9.  On my list this was a whole bunch of house blocks I has stitched up quite some time ago, and left sitting, all lonely and waiting......  These were made from 2.5in strips, using what I had to hand.

Something I prepared much earlier - plenty of house blocks

By the middle of the month I had stitched three rows, so that was a good start.  And today, I have finished the quilt top, so I'm pleased about that.

Quilt top finished

The top needs a border, just to finish it off, so I'll probably need to purchase some suitable fabric.  And there are nine remaining blocks, enough to make a little baby quilt.


14 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a cute neighbourhood of colourful houses! Well done! A productive month despite all the challenges.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have a lovely finish with your houses. I hope you are feeling much recovered now xx

Helenchaffin said...

It turned out beautifully! I luv the trees in-between the houses

Lyndsey said...

That is a really cute quilt top Jenny. Well done completing the April challenge.

Susan said...

Oh lovely - I am a bit of a sucker for house quilts.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope you are totally recovered now and have your strength back

Julierose said...

Love how this came together --all those cute houses and trees-a lovely neighborhood you fashioned;))) nice work...
Hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Your #9 challenge quilt looks fabulous…
I have always loved house blocks….

Kim said...

Oh, I want to live in your neighbourhood of fun houses and green, green trees! Such a fun and fantastic quilt. I'm sorry you had Covid, Jenny. I hope you are feeling a lot better now.

Laura said...

What a great neighborhood to live in, Jenny! Well done! :)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You did great with your Number 9,Jenny. This is so pretty. I do love a good house block!

loulee said...

Great progress Jenny. It looks like a very happy neighbourhood.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You did great with your Number 9,Jenny. This is so pretty. I do love a good house block!

Jackie said...

Well done. Your quilt looks lovely. The blocks are so colourful and I love the way you added the tree blocks.

God bless.